British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   emirati group on facebook..anti expat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/emirati-group-facebook-anti-expat-614030/)

GingerWizard Jun 10th 2009 10:12 am

emirati group on facebook..anti expat

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?si...id=40801105809

Morecambe Mindy Jun 10th 2009 10:18 am

Re: emirati group on facebook..anti expat

Originally Posted by GingerWizard (Post 7651450)

Inconsiderate gits, fancy posting in a Arabic ffs!

Hello.Kitty Jun 10th 2009 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 7651467)
Inconsiderate gits, fancy posting in a Arabic ffs!

:rofl:

There'll always be some... like the BNP members who'll rant and rave about getting immigrants out of the UK and then tuck in to their take-away kebab or curry.

They need to form groups, bless 'em, to get enough braincells to rub together.

al dente Jun 10th 2009 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7651510)
:rofl:

There'll always be some... like the BNP members who'll rant and rave about getting immigrants out of the UK and then tuck in to their take-away kebab or curry.

They need to form groups, bless 'em, to get enough braincells to rub together.

I was told by a lady in an abeya and sheila that she had the right to park illegally on cross section (while waiting for her coffee to brought out of the cafe to her car) as it 'was her country'. Cars where blind and having to beep to check for oncoming traffic. When i challenged her she told me 'to go home to your own country' and that 'we don't want you here - Go Home!'. She embarrassed herself quite frankly.

I, however, fearful of an arrest, scoped the cafe for a backdoor! She drove off.

seven seas Jun 10th 2009 11:07 am

Yeah, as usual with this kind of group- the target is powerless sections of society.

I wonder what will hapen if all teh unskilled labourers disappeared- no more carwash, petrol station, rubbish collection, shopkeepers. For a start.

MataHari Jun 10th 2009 11:18 am

and it's not as if 'we' never say anything 'anti-arab' on here...:rolleyes:

klaus3974 Jun 10th 2009 11:27 am

No big deal, right? They have the right to express their feelings. In any case, they should be careful with what they wish for...

Alexa Jun 10th 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by GingerWizard (Post 7651450)

predictable, very different cultures and outlook on life in general...plus, we (expats) complain just as much. IMHO

shiva Jun 10th 2009 12:40 pm

hmm, not surprising really but they are somewhat confused.

on one hand they write
"Together For A More Local Dubai! .. To feel like home
Speak up .. We want our DUBAI for us .. FOR The ppl of DUBAI & THE GREAT EMARAT Only.
"
then
"We are strictly not agianst any nationality"....so which is it

then there are the comments on the pics blaming expats for all the prositution...hmmm wonder who gets the prostitues into the country and who they are here for?

I have no problem with emirati rights and the idea of a movement to prevent cultural erosion. but the movement to get rid of all expats and that we are the cause of all ills is hillarious and outrageously stupid.
who will run out of the coffee shop whilst they wait in the middle of the road, who will even make they coffee in the first place, the mind boggles.

My brother had a meeting a while back where an emirati businessman rabbited on about how the property crash was all the expats fault and if we werent here there wouldnt have been a crash.....priceless logic

Hello.Kitty Jun 10th 2009 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7651831)

My brother had a meeting a while back where an emirati businessman rabbited on about how the property crash was all the expats fault and if we werent here there wouldnt have been a crash.....priceless logic

well, in a way, what he said is true... if we weren't there, forced to gobble up all the rental properties at extortionate rates, the emirati landlords wouldn't have had the income or the inclinatation to invest so much. Bless 'em - it couldn't possibly be their own greed at fault! :unsure:

seven seas Jun 10th 2009 6:04 pm

It's just a bunch of kids ... there is a problem with loads of graduates not being able to find work though.

benzonar Jun 10th 2009 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 7652816)
It's just a bunch of kids ... there is a problem with loads of graduates not being able to find work though.

That is the same in most countries at the moment, the difference being though is in other countries graduates are prepared to take jobs where they aren't a Manager straight away.

I loved the post about the expats are to blame for the local families up to their eyes in debt. These are just morons living in la la land.

littlejimmy Jun 10th 2009 6:51 pm

The appropriate answer to the "Go home, it's our country" nugget should be "Fine. Enjoy having to actually work."

benzonar Jun 10th 2009 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7652971)
The appropriate answer to the "Go home, it's our country" nugget should be "Fine. Enjoy having to actually work."

Or "I will when I have milked your country as much as possible"

littlejimmy Jun 10th 2009 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 7652980)
Or "I will when I have milked your country as much as possible"

And "I don't really want to be here either, I'm just here for the money".