Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirati boy racers in London

Emirati boy racers in London

Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirati boy racers in London

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
ha ha you such a chav
a point I have never, ever, denied...

I never had a fiesta - they were crap. What you wanted was a Nova - much lighter, or better still a Renault 5 Turbo.

even when I left the UK I still had a hot hatch.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
<Strikes Grace off Christmas card list >
oh and yours doll.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:28 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
a point I have never, ever, denied...

I never had a fiesta - they were crap. What you wanted was a Nova - much lighter, or better still a Renault 5 Turbo.

even when I left the UK I still had a hot hatch.
I wrote off my Mk2 Renault Clio Williams
Inevitably the rotor tips failed on the RX7 (even though they said they'd cured the problem by that model); Mazda agreed to supply and fit a new engine, which they did but the car caught fire and was destroyed during the garage's test drive
I had a Boss Mustang (the actual pace car for the Indy 500) which was "stolen" and used in a bank robbery.
My Dutton Phaeton caught fire, but unfortunately wasn't destroyed--I was trying to sell it at the time. Dodgy wiring. Mine.

There have been others...
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:28 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
oh and yours doll.
...is the right answer
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

STUPID idiots (oops its Ramadan) ok silly little spoilt rich boys, rumour has it that one of them works in the police, if that is the case he has just lost his job for sure.

I just dont get the mentality of shipping a car to the UK for the price they pay to take it there they can hire something similar for the same price.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I wrote off my Mk2 Renault Clio Williams
Inevitably the rotor tips failed on the RX7 (even though they said they'd cured the problem by that model); Mazda agreed to supply and fit a new engine, which they did but the car caught fire and was destroyed during the garage's test drive
I had a Boss Mustang (the actual pace car for the Indy 500) which was "stolen" and used in a bank robbery.
My Dutton Phaeton caught fire, but unfortunately wasn't destroyed--I was trying to sell it at the time. Dodgy wiring. Mine.

There have been others...
They used a Boss Mustang for a bank job in the UK! Hardly an inconspicuous car- was it LHD just to make overtaking that but more tricky.

I always wanted a wankel...
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:39 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
They used a Boss Mustang for a bank job in the UK! Hardly an inconspicuous car- was it LHD just to make overtaking that but more tricky.

I always wanted a wankel...
Yeah, LHD with big muck off decals on the bonnet and down the sides. And a puny petrol tank that would last less than 100 miles if I really played...

Wankel's a great engine, just a great pity that they never eked out the theoretical efficiency. Had mine up to 140mph on the A14...
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Yeah, LHD with big muck off decals on the bonnet and down the sides. And a puny petrol tank that would last less than 100 miles if I really played...

Wankel's a great engine, just a great pity that they never eked out the theoretical efficiency. Had mine up to 140mph on the A14...
The A14 is a nasty nasty road...

I was always amazed to see mopeds on it around the Cambridge area.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:32 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

On this subject an interesting piece in The National today:

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....IONAL#comments
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
On this subject an interesting piece in The National today:

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....IONAL#comments
That's a very well-written article.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Emirati boy racers in London

English people complaining about foreigners breaking the law when abroad? That must be the definition of ironic .
Old Aug 15th 2010, 10:29 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

This

"Reading all this news made me remember a quote by the late Sheikh Zayed, in which he said: “The biggest advice I can give Emiratis is to stay away from arrogance.” Driving vehicles dangerously and without insurance as well as a total disregard for the law are symptoms of the arrogance and overconfidence that Sheikh Zayed warned us about."
Old Aug 20th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

The Shun supporting speed limits and not being all matey when it comes to boys in sports cars?

Let me guess, are they nasty foireigners? oh yes... what a surprise.

A pinch of tall poppy syndrome, a dash of racism, and top it off with undisguised mockneyism. Served on a bed of jealousy. Yum!!!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
This

"Reading all this news made me remember a quote by the late Sheikh Zayed, in which he said: “The biggest advice I can give Emiratis is to stay away from arrogance.” Driving vehicles dangerously and without insurance as well as a total disregard for the law are symptoms of the arrogance and overconfidence that Sheikh Zayed warned us about."
FANTASTIC advice.