Emirates Watch

Old May 20th 2013, 9:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Watch

http://www.zawya.com/story/UAE_expat...emailmarketing

"UAE expat holidays trigger airfare price hike"

As if we hadn't noticed.
Old May 20th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Code share - blame the other lot

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I've just taken it up with Etihad actually. Originally bought the tickets from Alitalia as they were so much cheaper. hence I thought I had a 'contract' with Alitalia and have pursued them for the past two years...being fobbed off in true Italian style. i.e. Please contact our Tunisia office...when the Arab spring was kicking off there!!!

Probably was Etihad's fault but in my eyes they are just a third party and there's no contract between myself and Etihad. But I did receive the below from Alitalia which pushed me to give Etihad a go (no harm, I'm a gold elite member if that has any sway...)

We have to reconfirm you that under the present European Regulation 261/04, as far as delays, cancellations and denied boarding are concerned, it is the operating carrier, www.etihad.com , which needs to reply to the passenger’s claim and not the marketing carrier. Despite the identification AZ, some flights are not operated with an Alitalia aircraft but by one from its carefully selected partners. Alitalia has various code-share agreements on its routes to European countries and worldwide.
and here's Etihad's response received today:-

Thank you for writing to us.

First and foremost, we do make every effort to respond to our guests in a timely manner. However, on this occasion, I understand that a response has been pending for some time, for which I apologise.

I regret to read about your experience back in January 2011, as I can appreciate the incontinence (she actually used this word!!!! ) caused due to the change of your travel itinerary.

Mr. saudiflares, unfortunately due to overlapping time our investigations were inconclusive regarding the reason you were not accepted to travel with your family and as your ticket was issued by Alitalia may I respectfully suggest that you contact them again to assist you with your concerns, I am aware that you already contacted them however, I hope you will understand our position.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Silly Al Bint

Guest Affairs Officer

Guest Affairs Department

not really surprised
Old May 21st 2013, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Typical corporate forked-tongue-speak.............

"There is nothing else I can do"

"If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me"

A mate of mine got a superb (and generous) response to an airline complaint with this closing line:

"A company is only as big as the size of its apology"

Can't say which company it was, but it would BA miracle if an airline out here responded like that one did.......
Old May 26th 2013, 3:40 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked me and Mrs Shed to LHR on the EK big bird during ramadamadingdong for three weeks. aed 5800 for both, Skywards miles to get us upstairs both ways. Even Mentalist cant complain about that.