Emirates vs Etihad

Old Jul 13th 2014, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates vs Etihad

Now to all those who hate kids racing up and down the isles and having fun, please avoid the morning Emirates flight to Manchester on Thursday because the two little horrors causing havoc and mayhem may well be mine. You have been warned. :-) and nothing turns my mild mannered wife into a potential serial killer than people giving it tut tuts

Of course if Emirates want to upgrade the family Tockalosh to business class for giving them a good plug then please feel free guys and I will promise to gag the children
Old Jul 13th 2014, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Now to all those who hate kids racing up and down the isles and having fun, please avoid the morning Emirates flight to Manchester on Thursday because the two little horrors causing havoc and mayhem may well be mine. You have been warned. :-) and nothing turns my mild mannered wife into a potential serial killer than people giving it tut tuts

Of course if Emirates want to upgrade the family Tockalosh to business class for giving them a good plug then please feel free guys and I will promise to gag the children
Not sure where I stand on this.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Before kids it drove me mad

After kids I feel for the parents especially the poor souls who will have just done 14 hours from Oz and have another 7 to go with 2 toddlers
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

After kids I feel for the parents especially the poor souls who will have just done 14 hours from Oz and have another 7 to go with 2 toddlers
We did Abu Dhabi to Sao Paulo (+/- 15hours) direct in October. With a 5month year old and a not quite 2year old. The look of disgust I used to give parents travelling with young children is now one of sympathy.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm still in the waaaaaay before kids bit so I'll continue with the looks of disgust. Babies - impossible to control, I get that. Toddler and up? Get to ****. Sit the bastards down with some shit to do, enough to keep them busy and entertained the whole way. The TV screen should cover that really.

Originally Posted by Brains1983
We did Abu Dhabi to Sao Paulo (+/- 15hours) direct in October. With a 5month year old and a not quite 2year old. The look of disgust I used to give parents travelling with young children is now one of sympathy.
15hours. I'd be a complete **** after 7. I feel for you. But keep the rotters quiet
Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am very tolerant of kids on aircraft... now.

I did an overnight flight in economy this week, row 10. right next to the kids. One poor kid bellowed most of the night. I felt for the parents.

Thank heavens for Bose headphones and that crashing wave music.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm still in the waaaaaay before kids bit so I'll continue with the looks of disgust. Babies - impossible to control, I get that. Toddler and up? Get to ****. Sit the bastards down with some shit to do, enough to keep them busy and entertained the whole way. The TV screen should cover that really.

15hours. I'd be a complete **** after 7. I feel for you. But keep the rotters quiet
Lmao I can't wait for scampetts to enter this world and to watch you try and sit one down for 7 hours. Do you know how much fun an aeroplane is when you are 2.5 and 5 years old ? It's a magical kingdom full of grumpy young and old people just dying to be pestered and prodded
By which time my 2 will be all growed up teenagers trying to look up the hosties skirts for amusement
Old Jul 14th 2014, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

My son is an angel on flights. He used to be a bastard and we would drug him to sleep like BA. I've even had him vomit at the gate where he was so excited. Now he sits there in near silence. Not even eating or drinking. 7 hours of non-stop ipad action. He's only allowed to do that 4 times a year and he makes the most of it.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Lmao I can't wait for scampetts to enter this world and to watch you try and sit one down for 7 hours. Do you know how much fun an aeroplane is when you are 2.5 and 5 years old ? It's a magical kingdom full of grumpy young and old people just dying to be pestered and prodded
By which time my 2 will be all growed up teenagers trying to look up the hosties skirts for amusement
You're 100% correct. When I've got them I'll be begging for sympathy I expect. But fortunately that's years away. I'm still way too selfish to have to worry about someone else's entertainment, I barely manage to keep myself from going stir crazy.

Few heinekens now and hoping to sleep the whole way home.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

airlines should offer the choice of kid meals - Chicken, beef and Valium
Old Jul 15th 2014, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Airlines should have "family" sections on aircraft where all the kids and their parents are herded, leaving the rest of us to slurp up the "free" booze and fall into uncomfortable moments of quasi-sleep.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Airlines should have "family" sections on aircraft where all the kids and their parents are herded, leaving the rest of us to slurp up the "free" booze and fall into uncomfortable moments of quasi-sleep.
I totally agree with this. Actually, I think it could be a section without seats and a soft play area. It wouldn't need to take up much space just a couple of rows near the shitters.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I totally agree with this. Actually, I think it could be a section without seats and a soft play area. It wouldn't need to take up much space just a couple of rows near the shitters.
A giant ball pit or soft play area would probably be a relatively safe place to be in the event the plane were to make a rapid and unplanned descent.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:27 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
A giant ball pit or soft play area would probably be a relatively safe place to be in the event the plane were to make a rapid and unplanned descent.
Physics and mass have no respect for what humans might consider soft. Much like Emirati mothers who think that their arms are strong enough to hang onto the baby on their lap when they have a crash at 120 Kph. Baby is only going one place, through the windscreen.
Old Jul 19th 2014, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Kids behaved impeccably. Kids meals were excellent. Kids packs were good. Emirates Blankies now firm faves with the kids.
Happy mum and dad
It's now pissing down in the UK. Can't beat a caravan in England in the rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.