Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirates summer flights

Emirates summer flights

Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:18 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates summer flights

Originally Posted by Scamp
Of what? 6 hours once a year to the UK and back?
Whatever works for you buddy.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Whatever works for you buddy.
Economy does and it saves me a fortune. I'm not lucky enough to be in a senior role that can command business flights.

Still, there's plenty of time to get that yet. Only moved to Dubai two years ago and just turned 25...so maybe if I start saving I'll get to fly first when I'm as old as you presumably are?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Economy does and it saves me a fortune. I'm not lucky enough to be in a senior role that can command business flights. Still, there's plenty of time to get that yet. Only moved to Dubai two years ago and just turned 25...so maybe if I start saving I'll get to fly first when I'm as old as you presumably are?
From my experience, as an international traveller formerly making up to 50 flights a year but fortunately much less now, Business Class is one of the biggest rip-offs of the modern world. For goodness sake, you are simply sat in a seat for a few hours. Why pay double or triple the price just for slightly more leg room and little else? If they gave you a blow job I could understand it. Maybe they do nowadays,eh?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:39 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

The Emirates/Quantas codeshare to Glasgow is a reasonable price. I had a return flight out here and never took a one way so my flights still originate in UK and I've found that the flights prices from/to UK are cheaper than from/to DXB so I've never bought the one way. www.skyscanner.com
Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
The Emirates/Quantas codeshare to Glasgow is a reasonable price. I had a return flight out here and never took a one way so my flights still originate in UK and I've found that the flights prices from/to UK are cheaper than from/to DXB so I've never bought the one way. www.skyscanner.com
Mine all originate in London for that exact reason.

We're ****ing smart Mikewot.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:06 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Emirates are shocking right now. 4 flights last week and all delayed (between as little as 15mins and as much a 2hrs), long waits for luggage, entertainment systems not working and all supported by overinflated prices with a loyalty scheme that doesn't reward loyalty anymore...
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Still, there's plenty of time to get that yet. Only moved to Dubai two years ago and just turned 25...so maybe if I start saving I'll get to fly first when I'm as old as you presumably are?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Mine all originate in London for that exact reason.

We're ****ing smart Mikewot.
Ditto. Still, it's a pain trying to figure out when to book the return leg for, then inevitably changing it when plans change.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 1:23 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking at flights to JFK in July and the prices quoted by both Emirates and Etihad are outrageous. Almost double the cost of four years ago!

Qatar now looking like a much better bet, even with the transit via Doha.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Of what? 6 hours once a year to the UK and back?
Why return to the Survellance State? - Even my Mum (87) is telling me not to come back!
Old Apr 14th 2013, 2:16 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I've been looking at flights to JFK in July and the prices quoted by both Emirates and Etihad are outrageous. Almost double the cost of four years ago!

I've just been looking at the same 25k for j class 40k for F
Old Apr 14th 2013, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Why return to the Survellance State? - Even my Mum (87) is telling me not to come back!
Because I like my Mum, my sisters, the nephews, my friends.

Originally Posted by csdf
Ditto. Still, it's a pain trying to figure out when to book the return leg for, then inevitably changing it when plans change.
Yeah, mine is in June...shit, need to change it soon. Now time to predict when I want to go home for Xmas...

We did Qatar to Vietnam because flights for two of us was cheaper than one on Emirates. Doha transit was fine...as long as you don't have a long wait.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

One of my colleagues flies Qatar all the time because the loyalty programme is 10 times better than UAE ones.

If you want a cheap flight try Whizzair from Dubai World Central, London via Budapest for 500 dits one way. What could possibly go wrong?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:09 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Economy does and it saves me a fortune. I'm not lucky enough to be in a senior role that can command business flights.

good for you.

36 years young tomorrow so not exactly a coffin dodger just yet.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist
From my experience, as an international traveller formerly making up to 50 flights a year but fortunately much less now, Business Class is one of the biggest rip-offs of the modern world. For goodness sake, you are simply sat in a seat for a few hours. Why pay double or triple the price just for slightly more leg room and little else? If they gave you a blow job I could understand it. Maybe they do nowadays,eh?
It is up there with the size of Yorkie bars these days , but if you're not paying who cares . If you are paying then definitely not worth it for a few hours but if it's a long haul flight .........

Went Amsterdam to Bangkok and years ago having been on a total bender and it makes the world of difference . Actually got there feeling better than when I got on the plane which doesn't happen often . Can't touch the seat in front with your feet and none of that elbow wrestling either .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.