Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID: Here we go again?

Emirates ID: Here we go again?

Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:41 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates ID: Here we go again?

I just read this in the Gulf News.

Abu Dhabi: A year-long appointments' calendar for ID card applicants has been opened but expatriate professionals and Emiratis have to make the appointments in February and March [before their deadlines], a senior official told Gulf News.

"Although we have opened the appointments for the whole year, until December 31, 2009 on our website (www.emiratesid.ae), expatriate professionals and Emiratis have to make the appointments by February 28 and March 31 respectively", said Thamer Rashid Al Qasimi, Planning Director and Project Management Director at Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA).

"All the categories of applicants have to make the appointments in accordance with the time frame announced by EIDA.

"Expatriate professionals and Emiratis are not an exception to this rule," he said.

The registration of the second category of expatriates will begin on March 1 and they will be given the preference for appointments thereafter, he added.

"Otherwise the purpose of the time frame for each category will be jeopardised," Al Qasimi said.

"The applicants can make an appointment for any date this year at 12 centres all over the country, whose 20 per cent of total registration capacity has been set aside on appointment system," he said, adding that the rest was for walk-in registrations.

Al Qasimi said more centres were in the pipeline to handle appointments.

"We will also increase the share of registrations on appointment system -by more than 50 per cent of total registration capacity", said the official.

A trial appointment system, scheduled to run for three months was opened on January 1, but was fully booked within a week, he said.

"It was just 20 per cent of total registration capacity (at 12 centres) until March 31 - about 140 registrations a day at each centre", he explained.

EIDA has total registration capacity of about 7,000 a day and it will increase with the opening of four new centres this year.

Two centres - Al Nahyan in Abu Dhabi and Ras Al Khaimah (behind the Police Headquarters) will be opened in February.
So does that make any sense?

Bison
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emirates ID: Here we go again?

But surely it's only expat professionals with university degrees who need to apply before end-February so that probably won't involve you, Bison?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

... having gone through the queue to get in a queue in November I am dragging the family to our 'appointment' tomorrow morning - I just hope it is a better experience than last time:curse:...I'll let you know how it goes
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:23 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear View Post
... having gone through the queue to get in a queue in November I am dragging the family to our 'appointment' tomorrow morning - I just hope it is a better experience than last time:curse:...I'll let you know how it goes
I'm just ignoring the whole bloody thing.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So how was it for you B Bear?
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:40 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
So how was it for you B Bear?
it that your standard line after sex?
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
it that your standard line after sex?
....Got in on time, called forward early - some nonsense after not realising kids had to fill out same forms as adults, Mrs B ran around the centre and did that - we were all out in 2 hours, Empost delivering this morning - now forget all about it and wait for the system to be cancelled!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:23 am
Account Closed

....Got in on time, called forward early - some nonsense after not realising kids had to fill out same forms as adults, Mrs B ran around the centre and did that - we were all out in 2 hours, Empost delivering this morning - now forget all about it and wait for the system to be cancelled!
I thought the family got theirs sorted separately at a later date? That will mean more dosh required up-front I guess.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:42 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know how long the cards are valid for and if you have to go through the same hassles when renewing? Ive only 6 months left on my visa so would it be best to wait till then??
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I live in ' sin ' out here so im guessing my girlfriend & I should go at different times & will they check the addresses ????
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
Anyone know how long the cards are valid for and if you have to go through the same hassles when renewing? Ive only 6 months left on my visa so would it be best to wait till then??
I read somewhere that you will need to renew but the same e-card will be retained so presumably it can be done on-line without the queuing.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
I read somewhere that you will need to renew but the same e-card will be retained so presumably it can be done on-line without the queuing.
...the expiry date is printed on the back! Ours expire in May!! - when our visas expire. Yes, do the family all at once 2 + 2 including typing for kids applications etc and we came away 440 AED lighter approx
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

...the expiry date is printed on the back! Ours expire in May!! - when our visas expire. Yes, do the family all at once 2 + 2 including typing for kids applications etc and we came away 440 AED lighter approx
surely your employer would be happy to pay for those costs...
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Am i right in thinking it will be compulsary by Dec 09 ?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Compulsory from 1 Jan 2011 for expats, 31 March 09 for Emiratis.

We got ours yesterday. 11.5 hours at Al Barsha. Got there at 6.45am. Left at 6.15pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.