Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID - Deadline February 28th!!!

Emirates ID - Deadline February 28th!!!

Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates ID - Deadline February 28th!!!

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
The doors actually open at 8am. But if you get there early you should be 1st in the line I got mine done a couple of months ago and a friend of mine went last week, no q's and it took about 10/15 mins.
I'm not sure which way you are going but they have blocked the U turn on the road going up towards Al Kail Rd.So if you go that way you will have to go for miles before you can U turn back down.
The best way is to go towards the MOE from the greens lights and take your 1st right into 21 street and it is just down on the right. There are no signs to make it easy for you
I agree the roads are a mare, EE go sort of past Smoochy Girls place is that makes sense.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to Patsy and BC. Think I'll get it done just to tick that box - one less thing to worry about. How much cash do I need to take with me?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Thanks to Patsy and BC. Think I'll get it done just to tick that box - one less thing to worry about. How much cash do I need to take with me?
It is 100 dhs for every year left on your visa, including part year. plus 40dhs for the typing. Which they don't actually do, they just copy the info on the print out onto the computer. Oh yes don't forget to take your preprinted form from the website and your original passport.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:39 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Was just talking about this a minute ago with a friend. I'm going to do mine first thing on Thursday morning in Al Barsha (it opens at 7am). Apparently it can take anything between 1 to 4 hours to get it done. My friend and I figure that it is better to do it in the summer holidays because it will be less busy, Ramadan will be difficult because staff will have less hours and the months before the deadline will be terrible.
So, how did you get on at Al Barsha and how long did it take ?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:49 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly, I actually need to go to Al Ain tomorrow on business so I thought why not combine the two. I went onto the EIDA website and bingo!! Got an appointment for tomorrow at a time that suits me.

Will update when I get back :-)
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MacScot
So, how did you get on at Al Barsha and how long did it take ?
I'm due to go first thing this Thursday morning. However, my colleague went there last week and it took her an hour and 15 minutes. Overall she was quite pleased with that, probably because she's lived in the UAE for a very long time and know's how long things can take here lol.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
well I'm not bothering my arse to do it, that's for sure.
We're not bothering either - don't know if we will still be here on 28th Feb. Can't even get past "where will you be on 1st Nov" yet! Anyway I am with the ones who say it won't happen and will wait for the deadline to be changed again.......
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shat Fink will become famous soon enough

Ive just got a text reminding me my appointment is tomorrow! (to be honest i had forgotten all about it and wouldnt have gone if they hadnt sent the text)

Says its at the Al Mushrif Centre. Their website map shows one at the exhibition centre and the other at General Secretariat of Municipalities Service Center which are both kind of in Mushrif

Anyone know which one i should go to?

Also do i only need my passport, the application form, my fingers, face and some money?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I'm due to go first thing this Thursday morning. However, my colleague went there last week and it took her an hour and 15 minutes. Overall she was quite pleased with that, probably because she's lived in the UAE for a very long time and know's how long things can take here lol.
If you get there about 7am you should be top of the Q.
Good luck
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shat Fink

Also do i only need my passport, the application form, my fingers, face and some money?

Thanks in advance
Yes that is all you need, make sure it is the printed form from the website with the barcodes on ..it is 100dhs for every year or part year and 40dhs 'typing' ....take a book
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Shat Fink will become famous soon enough

Just been in the centre near Airport Road Carrefour.

Appointment was 11:50, in there 11:40, few minutes waiting then all finished by 12:05

All pretty impressive. I did seem to jump the que of about 20 big style for some reason, not sure why. Maybe as i was seen as 'white collar' or maybe the others didnt have appointments, not sure really.

So all in all its mega easy and nothing to worry about, cost AED220.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shat Fink
Just been in the centre near Airport Road Carrefour.

Appointment was 11:50, in there 11:40, few minutes waiting then all finished by 12:05

All pretty impressive. I did seem to jump the que of about 20 big style for some reason, not sure why. Maybe as i was seen as 'white collar' or maybe the others didnt have appointments, not sure really.

So all in all its mega easy and nothing to worry about, cost AED220.
If you have an appoinment you go straight through, the other people waiting are ones without appoinments
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:58 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Went over to Al Ain yesterday as per the appt. NOBODY else in the centre - back out, all completed in less than 15 mins. Best part was lunch at Bab Al Shams on the way back.

Well worth the drive :-)