Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID - Deadline February 28th!!!

Emirates ID - Deadline February 28th!!!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:33 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emirates ID - Deadline February 28th!!!

The original deadline is 2010.
There is open windows for professionals. For professionals its 28th. You can do it after that date but it will be a hastle. I've done mine last week it took 15 min. Be patient and have a smile on your face and trust me no matter how busy the place could be it won't take more than two hours
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger989
The original deadline is 2010.
There is open windows for professionals. For professionals its 28th. You can do it after that date but it will be a hastle. I've done mine last week it took 15 min. Be patient and have a smile on your face and trust me no matter how busy the place could be it won't take more than two hours
I'm just ignoring the whole bastard thing to be honest.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:47 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm just ignoring the whole bastard thing to be honest.
I wouldn't recommend that. You will be fined in 2010 and to be honest looking at the fines in UAE its not worth it.

Trust me 25 Years in UAE. I know this place more than I do know my back garden.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bison
About 430,000 expatriate professionals are yet to register for ID cards, with just 13 days before the deadline for expatriate professionals to register expires, a senior official told Gulf News.

About 170,000 expatriate professionals and about 725,000 Emiratis [of an estimated 825,000] have already registered, said Darwish Ahmad Al Zarouni, Director General of Emirates Identity Authority (Eida).

He spoke to Gulf News on the sidelines of Citizens ID Forum , a two-day international symposium on electronic identification documents which began in Abu Dhabi yesterday.

About 300 delegates from 30 countries are participating in the event organised by Wise media and supported by Eida and Abu Dhabi Police. The speech of Shaikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Interior was read out by Al Zarouni at the symposium. EIDA and Ministry of Interior will be most effective bodies to speed up transformation to a full e-governance in the UAE, said Shaikh Saif's statement.

Al Zarouni and senior officials from Abu Dhabi Police and various other organisations from abroad made the presentations on the first day. Al Zarouni said expatriate professionals need not panic about the deadline but they will not enjoy priority when the registration for another category opens on March 1.

He reiterated that no punitive measures would be taken because all expatriates have to register by the end of December 2010 as per the law. The original deadline for expatriate professionals was extended from December 31 to February 28.

Among the 100,000 Emiratis who have not yet registered, 90,000 are from Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi emirates, another senior official told Gulf News. (March 31 is the deadline for Emiratis). Just 10,000 Emiratis are yet register in Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain, Ajman and Fujairah, said Thamer Rashid Al Qasimi, Planning Director and Project Management Director at Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA).

Past month: 10,000 fail iris scans

About 10,000 people failed iris scans during the past one month, senior police officials told Gulf News yesterday. Most of them were permanently banned from entering the country or were banned for a specific period or on the wanted list of UAE authorities for involvement in crimes, said Lieutenant Jamal Jassim Al Hosani, Burglar Alarm Branch Manager at IT and Telecommunication Department of Abu Dhabi Police.
I had a lot of trouble doing mine during last december. I remember getting up at 2 am or so and going to join queues of hundreds of troubled people mostly philippinos, at our local centre, then i got fed up and went to DHAID to get mine done..

...I turned up in our local centre yesterday w/o appointment with my 'mia' and did my 'mia's' id card in an hour or so....no hassle at all. Around 30-40 people were there...mostly indians...a few brits, a few filipinos...I would say ID card is a 'non-issue' these days. Just go and do it...A few hours off-work wouldn't be so bad....

Last edited by Debowing; May 12th 2009 at 12:17 pm.
Old May 12th 2009, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

but for peeps in the construction industry for eg, wont do it whats the point paying 300 each for a card when you dont know if you are actually going to be here next month!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Just been to the Al Ain EIDA - took me less than 15 minutes. Place was deserted apart from the staff - no "customers" in either male or female waiting areas.

Arrived at 7.25am, out before 7.45am.

Hubby and son did theirs 3 weeks ago, they were in and out in about 35 minutes - maybe it's quieter now because so many people are away for their holidays?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

Same here. I did mine at the RAK office on the last emirati / expat only day and it was deserted. Took 15 mins.

Stopped off at RAK golf club for a late lunch (lobster is a bargain in there) then on to Barracuda then into my pool. Beat work hands down!

I had tried to find the Dhaid office previously on my way to work, however, on the google maps link on the ID website it shows it being located 1st right after the roundabout on a big patch of bare sand. When I went, you guessed it, the location was still a big patch of bare sand and no one nearby knew anything about it.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily
Same here. I did mine at the RAK office on the last emirati / expat only day and it was deserted. Took 15 mins.

Stopped off at RAK golf club for a late lunch (lobster is a bargain in there) then on to Barracuda then into my pool. Beat work hands down!

I had tried to find the Dhaid office previously on my way to work, however, on the google maps link on the ID website it shows it being located 1st right after the roundabout on a big patch of bare sand. When I went, you guessed it, the location was still a big patch of bare sand and no one nearby knew anything about it.
still wont happen......im open to bets..
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
ha ha I'd go with that!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

well I'm not bothering my arse to do it, that's for sure.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just talking about this a minute ago with a friend. I'm going to do mine first thing on Thursday morning in Al Barsha (it opens at 7am). Apparently it can take anything between 1 to 4 hours to get it done. My friend and I figure that it is better to do it in the summer holidays because it will be less busy, Ramadan will be difficult because staff will have less hours and the months before the deadline will be terrible.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Was just talking about this a minute ago with a friend. I'm going to do mine first thing on Thursday morning in Al Barsha (it opens at 7am). Apparently it can take anything between 1 to 4 hours to get it done. My friend and I figure that it is better to do it in the summer holidays because it will be less busy, Ramadan will be difficult because staff will have less hours and the months before the deadline will be terrible.
alternatively, take the advice of us who are in the know....dont bother yer pretty little arse..
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

alternatively, take the advice of us who are in the know....dont bother yer pretty little arse..
Are you saying that you have been told by someone in government that the scheme will be scrapped?

Would that not result in a loss of face?

-
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:45 am
banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Are you saying that you have been told by someone in government that the scheme will be scrapped?

Would that not result in a loss of face?

-
someone told me on twitter, so it must be true...
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
The doors actually open at 8am. But if you get there early you should be 1st in the line I got mine done a couple of months ago and a friend of mine went last week, no q's and it took about 10/15 mins.
I'm not sure which way you are going but they have blocked the U turn on the road going up towards Al Kail Rd.So if you go that way you will have to go for miles before you can U turn back down.
The best way is to go towards the MOE from the greens lights and take your 1st right into 21 street and it is just down on the right. There are no signs to make it easy for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.