British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   EMERGENCY PLUMBER!? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/emergency-plumber-462087/)

clifford Jun 28th 2007 6:17 pm

EMERGENCY PLUMBER!?

Sprung a leak in Springs! Under the Kitchen sink! Emrill can only send someone "some time in the night - don't know what time".

So, is there an Emergency plumber anyone knows in Dubai? And does anyone know if there's such a thing as a stop tap?

mythic Jun 28th 2007 6:25 pm

Re: EMERGENCY PLUMBER!?

Originally Posted by clifford (Post 4982137)
Sprung a leak in Springs! Under the Kitchen sink! Emrill can only send someone "some time in the night - don't know what time".

So, is there an Emergency plumber anyone knows in Dubai? And does anyone know if there's such a thing as a stop tap?

stop tap is normaly at point were water enters the house, bathroom toilet that sort of area,

Miss Eck Jun 28th 2007 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by clifford (Post 4982137)

Hi ya

You can turn off the water in one of the cupboards outside in the car port. Mr Eck said their should also be a valve you can switch off under the sink.

Don't know of any plumbers. Emrill is probably your best bet on a Friday nite. Maybe have a look at EW.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

clifford Jun 28th 2007 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4982177)
Hi ya

You can turn off the water in one of the cupboards outside in the car port. Mr Eck said their should also be a valve you can switch off under the sink.

Don't know of any plumbers. Emrill is probably your best bet on a Friday nite. Maybe have a look at EW.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Found the stop tap, I think. But I also thought that the water went to a tank on the roof? How long would it be before it emptied and the flow stopped?

There are no other valves under the sink. The tap that's leaking is the one that was attached to the dishwasher - which was removed today.

Miss Eck Jun 28th 2007 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by clifford (Post 4982198)
Found the stop tap, I think. But I also thought that the water went to a tank on the roof? How long would it be before it emptied and the flow stopped?

There are no other valves under the sink. The tap that's leaking is the one that was attached to the dishwasher - which was removed today.

I had the same problem when I moved the appliances from the last place. Hubby said their should be a valve there otherwise water would be coming out at high speed. Can you put a bucket under there? When do you vacate?

clifford Jun 28th 2007 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4982220)
I had the same problem when I moved the appliances from the last place. Hubby said their should be a valve there otherwise water would be coming out at high speed. Can you put a bucket under there? When do you vacate?

It's the valve itself that is leaking.

Don't vacate for a few weeks.

Miss Eck Jun 28th 2007 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by clifford (Post 4982249)
It's the valve itself that is leaking.

Don't vacate for a few weeks.

Oh bugger. Have a look on EW and see if you can get an emergency contact.