Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Email warning - Selling your property in the UAE

Email warning - Selling your property in the UAE

Old Jul 15th 2013, 9:53 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Email warning - Selling your property in the UAE

Firstly, hi to all the folk I knew in Dubai...hope all is going well.

Just to let other BEs be aware of using your personal/business email when (if) selling your property through a UAE real estate agent.

I sold my property in Dubai Marina in August 2011. I have been in Australia for about eight months now and have received at least 10+ emails a day from existing or new real estate agents in Dubai over the eight-month period! The agent I used must have sold on my email address as I am getting requests from Dubai and as far afield as the USA, Turkey, Thailand, UK etc. - a nightmare and so difficult to stop!

When (if) the time comes to sell your property open up a new email address, say at gmail or hotmail, solely for the property transaction and one that you can later delete once the property is sold and you have moved on. Peace of mind.

Cheers, MacScot

..watching State of Origin on Wednesday in my local in Teneriffe.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 10:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Email warning - Selling your property in the UAE

If your email address is in the public domain at some point you're going to get unwanted messages. I'd suggest your issue is with the particular selling agent you used, not all estate agents.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 10:55 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
If your email address is in the public domain at some point you're going to get unwanted messages. I'd suggest your issue is with the particular selling agent you used, not all estate agents.
Yes, it was the agent I used...thousands of emails followed !
Old Jul 15th 2013, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

The developers also sell on the email addresses of the people they have sold properties to, its just normal practice in Dubai