British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Elton John (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/elton-john-508126/)

Chris79 Jan 22nd 2008 5:04 am

Elton John

I've just been told I'm goin to the concert tonight.

Anybody any idea what time it starts, or better still what time I'd be best setting off to get there from Mushrif. I can imagine parking etc is goin to be a nightmare!

Might see some of you there - (won't have a clue what any of you look like but hey! Never mind!)

Paidtoplease Jan 22nd 2008 5:07 am

Re: Elton John

Doors open at 1700 show starts at 2100... outside venue so might be a bit chilli

Chris79 Jan 22nd 2008 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5822129)
Doors open at 1700 show starts at 2100... outside venue so might be a bit chilli

Nice one, thanks. I'm not really keen on Elton but I'm sure it will be a good show. Might have to chuck a jumper on. Still warmer than UK though and a lot dryer! lol

MataHari Jan 22nd 2008 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 5822132)
Nice one, thanks. I'm not really keen on Elton but I'm sure it will be a good show. Might have to chuck a jumper on. Still warmer than UK though and a lot dryer! lol

I have just gotten a wooly jumper out to wear....I am soooo not looking forward to it...I am cold already, have been for the past weeks...and if it rains I am going to be really pissed off...
Otherwise all is well...

Chris79 Jan 22nd 2008 5:19 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5822146)
I have just gotten a wooly jumper out to wear....I am soooo not looking forward to it...I am cold already, have been for the past weeks...and if it rains I am going to be really pissed off...
Otherwise all is well...

LOL I have been cold as well. Went to Carrefour and bought a oil filled radiator for my bedroom!!
Lets hope it doesn't rain like it did the other week!
If you see me you'll have to come and say hi! You can't miss me, I'll be the one on crutches with my leg in green plaster!!

MataHari Jan 22nd 2008 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 5822152)
LOL I have been cold as well. Went to Carrefour and bought a oil filled radiator for my bedroom!!
Lets hope it doesn't rain like it did the other week!
If you see me you'll have to come and say hi! You can't miss me, I'll be the one on crutches with my leg in green plaster!!

omg....and you're going to be standing tonight??

Chris79 Jan 22nd 2008 6:12 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5822216)
omg....and you're going to be standing tonight??

Yep, I'll be alright. I'll have a crutch to hit ppl over the head with if they come to close, failing that I'll just kick them with my cast!!
I just hope Elton doesn't see me and takes pity on me and invites me back stage for some 'special treatment' :unsure:
I'm not into that kinda stuff!! lol

MataHari Jan 22nd 2008 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 5822242)
Yep, I'll be alright. I'll have a crutch to hit ppl over the head with if they come to close, failing that I'll just kick them with my cast!!
I just hope Elton doesn't see me and takes pity on me and invites me back stage for some 'special treatment' :unsure:

I'll look out for you...but more to avoid you now, you seem dangerous...
I am sure Elton will break you in gently...he seems very experienced.

Chris79 Jan 22nd 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5822247)
I'll look out for you...but more to avoid you now, you seem dangerous...
I am sure Elton will break you in gently...he seems very experienced.

I'm not too dangerous lol! Just don't stand on my foot!
I'm just about to goto dinner, I don't really want to think about Elton breaking me in at all!! YUCK! :ohmy:
Might see you tonight. Enjoy yourself

MataHari Jan 22nd 2008 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 5822277)
I'm not too dangerous lol! Just don't stand on my foot!
I'm just about to goto dinner, I don't really want to think about Elton breaking me in at all!! YUCK! :ohmy:
Might see you tonight. Enjoy yourself

you have fun...and I'll come over if I spot you

The Dean Jan 22nd 2008 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 5822242)

Elton John would surely never interfere with a man's crutch........

Sam FTQ Jan 22nd 2008 2:00 pm

I am going too! I'm really excited, particularly as I only found out an hour ago that I'm going.

It's not that cold here in Abu Dhabi, although I would bring a jumper, just in case.

Sam x

Madam Medusa Jan 22nd 2008 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5822146)
Otherwise all is well...

oh just read this...hope it wasn't too cold, rather you than me, doll, lol...

MM, xx

Meow Jan 22nd 2008 2:41 pm

After a while your 'blood thins' & you get really cold in the UAE. You can usually tell the difference between the newbies & the old hands on a January evening. Newbies fine in short sleeves, old hands shivering in 2 jumpers!

:lol:

Madam Medusa Jan 22nd 2008 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5823991)
After a while your 'blood thins' & you get really cold in the UAE. You can usually tell the difference between the newbies & the old hands on a January evening. Newbies fine in short sleeves, old hands shivering in 2 jumpers!

:lol:

that is soooo true...last year i wondered how anyone was wearing boots cos i thought it was warm, now i haven't been out of mine for the last 2 weeks, lol...

MM, xx