Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Elephant in the Room..World Cup 2022

The Elephant in the Room..World Cup 2022

Old Jun 4th 2014, 5:13 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Elephant in the Room..World Cup 2022

i'd like it to stay in qatar.

Mostly so I can see the utter cluster **** unfold and the layers of gold veneer peel off very publicly

besides i cant wait until this lot turn up with Qatars new decency laws

every world cup has thousands of fans in the streets, drinking partying etc, can we really see qatar coping with that!

oh and not to mention more of these than qatar or any khaleeji can handle

i say let them keep it, it'll be a very public disaster and one which in all honesty qatar probably actually needs to happen
Old Jun 4th 2014, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Interesting comment in 7 days: http://7daysindubai.com/latest-qatar-allegations-shock/

Anyone who thinks rerunning the vote with the same bids and the same voting membership will solve anything is deluded.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

If the Qatari's are so incensed with the articles in The Sunday Times then they should sue them for libel , they have the cash that buys the best lawyers on the planet .

Go ahead and sue and then we can see the lot unfold , i've got a feeling they wont though eh
Old Jun 4th 2014, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It should have been in Riyadh.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Shiva's pictures pretty much sum up my position. Turn that lot loose in Qatar and watch the shit hit the fan, I can't wait!

As for any worries over the Sunday Times allegations I'd say rather than sue they might very well just buy News Corp.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Shiva's pictures pretty much sum up my position. Turn that lot loose in Qatar and watch the shit hit the fan, I can't wait!

As for any worries over the Sunday Times allegations I'd say rather than sue they might very well just buy News Corp.
Would be to see European Ultras descend on Qatar, though don't know if that demographic can afford it.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Would be to see European Ultras descend on Qatar, though don't know if that demographic can afford it.
Another reason why the Australia bid was doomed, cost for fans to get there and travel within the country for games.
Japan and S.Korea had a massive home interest to draw on
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Another reason why the Australia bid was doomed, cost for fans to get there and travel within the country for games.
Japan and S.Korea had a massive home interest to draw on
Well if cost of travel is an issue why not just limit the WC to Europe and the Americas then. If South Africa can host a successfull WC , why not Aus? Far More people will prefer going to Australia to enjoy themselves than Qatar; come to think of it who in their right mind would want to go to Qatar for enjoyment.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:11 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i'd like it to stay in qatar.

Mostly so I can see the utter cluster **** unfold and the layers of gold veneer peel off very publicly

besides i cant wait until this lot turn up with Qatars new decency laws

http://funnycrave.com/wp-content/upl...up-Fans-38.jpg

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/images/...8808-large.jpg

every world cup has thousands of fans in the streets, drinking partying etc, can we really see qatar coping with that!

http://static0.demotix.com/sites/def...ona_385779.jpg

oh and not to mention more of these than qatar or any khaleeji can handle

http://www.1800-sports.com/images/se...d-cup-fans.jpg

i say let them keep it, it'll be a very public disaster and one which in all honesty qatar probably actually needs to happen
If you force me to choose it would have to be Zlatan.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scot47
It should have been in Riyadh.
Riyadh would have made as much sense.....or been just as daft depending on your perspective.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:43 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

This is spot on!

"John Oliver's excitement for the World Cup is tempered by knowing information about FIFA, the organization that produces it. John details the problems with the upcoming tournament and the staggering allegations of corruption against FIFA."

Old Jun 11th 2014, 7:48 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the thing that could really f*** things up is if Blatter leaves..............
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Apparently the thing that could really f*** things up is if Blatter leaves..............
There's more chance of Qatar dropping the sponsorship system
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:22 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
There's more chance of Qatar dropping the sponsorship system
I would of agreed 6 months ago but now UEFA have basically told him to **** off.....
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I would of agreed 6 months ago but now UEFA have basically told him to **** off.....
You can sense that Blatter is the main target here and his cronies at FIFA . The Qatari's are secondary in this mess and in the Qatari's eyes they haven't done anything wrong.

Cash gifts and favours are all a part of Middle East life and getting things done , to them it's normality a bit like jumping a red light or turning left in the right hand lane .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.