Elderly Care UAE/GCC

Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future
Default Elderly Care UAE/GCC

Afternoon all,

Just wanted to pick your brains over care for the elderly in the UAE and elsewhere in the GCC and Levant region.

My understanding of the regions 'greying population' (blame the National not me!) is that the majority of families (especially Local) would prefer for the older members of the family to move into their home out of a sense of family honour, I only think this due to never having come across a care home or anything like that in my 5 years in the UAE. I understand they may decide to leave the region in their final years for cooler climates and perhaps more advanced medical care but again this is only a hunch.

It would be great to hear your feedback on this matter as I am conducting some research on the market here to gauge the potential uptake of a revolutionary new service to assist the elderly communicate with their friend and loved ones.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Many Thanks,
HIH
Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elderly Care UAE/GCC

Originally Posted by hell its hot
Afternoon all,

Just wanted to pick your brains over care for the elderly in the UAE and elsewhere in the GCC and Levant region.

My understanding of the regions 'greying population' (blame the National not me!) is that the majority of families (especially Local) would prefer for the older members of the family to move into their home out of a sense of family honour, I only think this due to never having come across a care home or anything like that in my 5 years in the UAE. I understand they may decide to leave the region in their final years for cooler climates and perhaps more advanced medical care but again this is only a hunch.

It would be great to hear your feedback on this matter as I am conducting some research on the market here to gauge the potential uptake of a revolutionary new service to assist the elderly communicate with their friend and loved ones.

Many Thanks,
HIH
Have a look at this website.
A new company that does home care for the sick and elderly
http://www.sublimehomecare.com/english/
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I hope your idea is simple - Generally, as they get older the complexity of the services used by the elderly to communicate to their loved ones decreases. It basically goes something like: Skype, the phone, shouting, Ouija board.

Last edited by Millhouse; Mar 4th 2013 at 4:57 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 5:30 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I hope your idea is simple - Generally, as they get older the complexity of the services used by the elderly to communicate to their loved ones decreases. It basically goes something like: Skype, the phone, shouting, Ouija board.
I tend to find the shout on both the phone and Skype and wonder if a ouija board wouldn't be a better tool
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Many Thanks,
HIH
I think you have it the wrong way round,the sons stay in the family home ,the parents don t leave.

Succinctly,whatever your product is,it cannot be more attractive than an Ethiopian girl on call 24/7 to meet every need of a senior family member and all for @ 900 dirhams per month.
Expat families -ie,the greater population of UAE just wouldn't have their oldies living with them...better care and conditions back home.

I am sorry I must be missing the obvious here,for,someone who has lived in ME as you purport,must
surely know the culture by now.

Last edited by Eva; Mar 4th 2013 at 9:01 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it in thje family - with the help opf Ethiopian or other Third World "servants".

Must be better than spending your declining years in an institution ! Many in the West are blinded to the defects of the society they live in !
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I think you have it the wrong way round,the sons stay in the family home ,the parents don t leave.

Succinctly,whatever your product is,it cannot be more attractive than an Ethiopian girl on call 24/7 to meet every need of a senior family member and all for @ 900 dirhams per month.
Expat families -ie,the greater population of UAE just wouldn't have their oldies living with them...better care and conditions back home.

I am sorry I must be missing the obvious here,for,someone who has lived in ME as you purport,must
surely know the culture by now.
I am researching home care at the moment darling because I am trying to get my mother over for a visit. She would need full time non medical care and the company I mentioned appears to supply that. I know that my mother would love to come back for a visit, but that is only possible with this type of home care.