Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Old May 7th 2013, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Originally Posted by Kix
Which of course must be harem as Electricity wasn't invented when the koran came out.
Neither were the internet or trolling, but unfortunately they seem to be acceptable.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Neither were the internet or trolling, but unfortunately they seem to be acceptable.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to the_red_sheep again"
Old May 7th 2013, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
So you answer a question by asking a counter question
Nope, I ask for an example. There was no question.

Originally Posted by redShark
Ok, here is my logic. Alcohol is as bad as marijuana, because it has become as important and essential to people around the world as rice and flour. Take alcohol away from Europe for instance, and the whole continent will collapse. Your logic says, that’s fine, let people enjoy a drink.
Let me help you out a little:

Logic (Noun):

1. the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
2. a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: ‘We were unable to follow his logic.’
3. the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.
4. reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: ‘There wasn't much logic in her move.’
5. convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: ‘the irresistible logic of the facts.’

What you’re doing is stating your opinion, which you are of course entitled to have, but it is misguided and extreme, and I suspect not based on personal experience but rather on your prejudices.
Old May 7th 2013, 5:20 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the koran say something about continue living in the age it was written as everything that can be discovered/invented had been? So no telephones/internet/pressure cookers....
Old May 7th 2013, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

You really shouldn't take lessons on Islam (or any religion) from Daily Mail type sources. It adds to your ignorance such as your comments regarding internet and telephones...

General point being, most of you would go to war over the availability or not, of a 50-250ml beverage...Good luck...

Just ask any NHS A&E doctor/nurse in the UK (before somebody says NHS in Egypt)what the weekend brings but increasingly daily nowadays, and also how the influx of heavy drinkers from our Eastern European friends has resulted in an unprecedented level of drink deaths/damage.

RE: Missing sailor, if the bloke wasn't smashed out of his head as people say he was, it'd be more likely he'd be aware of his surroundings, so of course, it was a (major) factor in him going missing.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mathematist
You really shouldn't take lessons on Islam (or any religion) from Daily Mail type sources. It adds to your ignorance such as your comments regarding internet and telephones...

General point being, most of you would go to war over the availability or not, of a 50-250ml beverage...Good luck...

Just ask any NHS A&E doctor/nurse in the UK (before somebody says NHS in Egypt)what the weekend brings but increasingly daily nowadays, and also how the influx of heavy drinkers from our Eastern European friends has resulted in an unprecedented level of drink deaths/damage.

RE: Missing sailor, if the bloke wasn't smashed out of his head as people say he was, it'd be more likely he'd be aware of his surroundings, so of course, it was a (major) factor in him going missing.
Funny that you quote the Daily Mail and then bemoan immigrants for adding to the NHS' problems.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:16 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Funny that you quote the Daily Mail and then bemoan immigrants for adding to the NHS' problems.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Nice one on the DM comment, but my sources are from people working in the NHS and from reading NHS documents on the rise of alchol abuse and more recently, the number of women who regularly binge drink too, a new phenomenon over the last few years...again, NOT taken from the DM

The DM does get a few things right, but that is rare!
Old May 7th 2013, 8:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have to admit that there is a drink problem in UK--a serious problem caused by a very small minority. On the other hand most people there drink responsibly and don't cause a problem for other people, but that fact isn't newsworthy.

That results in many people not part of UK culture believing that all people in UK cause problems, and have problems, because of alcohol.

Nestled deep down in my grey matter, that's chiming a chord...
Old May 7th 2013, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Nice one on the DM comment, but my sources are from people working in the NHS and from reading NHS documents on the rise of alchol abuse and more recently, the number of women who regularly binge drink too, a new phenomenon over the last few years...again, NOT taken from the DM

The DM does get a few things right, but that is rare!
But we all know that anyway. Nobody here is justifying or trying to justify the amount of money wasted on pissed up morons. It's wrong, end of, fact.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

So you agree with me and I agree with you!! woo hoo, lemme take you out for a drink now, Costa Coffee of course or if you're ever in Egypt, we could meet up at this hotel for a non-alcy bevvy...

One point @ Bahatatboy. Is it really a small problem? Really?

Domestic violence (frequently helped by a few pints), marriage/relationship/family breakdowns, driving under the influence are just some of the problems.

It is NOT in isolation. Hospitals see one side of the story, families, children and others see another which is probably the most serious one IMH and maybe the most difficult to quantify too.

Last edited by mathematist; May 7th 2013 at 8:28 am.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:26 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I think we have to admit that there is a drink problem in UK--a serious problem caused by a very small minority. On the other hand most people there drink responsibly and don't cause a problem for other people, but that fact isn't newsworthy.

That results in many people not part of UK culture believing that all people in UK cause problems, and have problems, because of alcohol.

Nestled deep down in my grey matter, that's chiming a chord...
Spot on.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

So you agree with me and I agree with you!! woo hoo, lemme take you out for a drink now, Costa Coffee of course or if you're ever in Egypt, we could meet up at this hotel for a non-alcy bevvy...

Domestic violence (frequently helped by a few pints), marriage/relationship/family breakdowns, driving under the influence are just some of the problems.

It is NOT in isolation. Hospitals see one side of the story, families, children and others see another which is probably the most serious one IMH and maybe the most difficult to quantify too.
And what is the rate of domestic violence in the Islamic world, where I hasten to add it is legal under sharia to beat your wife (so long as blood isn't spilt). And remind me again just what are the levels of road deaths due to shite driving?

I know doctors in the gcc and nhs and while I agree that alcohol is a burden on the nhs any honest doctor here will tell you religion and an unwavering belief in god causes far more heartache and death here than alcohol does in Europe.

As for going to war over booze, really is that the best argument your addled brain can deliver
Old May 7th 2013, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Are you drunk or something Shiva? Judging by your last post that is.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Yes you can say it plays a part in other incidents.

But it cannot be held completely accountable.

A wife-punching idiot doesn't wake up sober and is a gentleman, lovely to his family and adoring of his wife....before having a few pints and throwing his weight around.

He's a wanker first thing in the morning and last thing at night....

I'm not saying that booze isn't sometimes to blame, just making the point that it is absolutely not the sole cause of domestic violence (just using one of your examples, rather than repeating for all).

But as you say, we are kind of agreeing, I just don't think it can be blamed 100% for everything. Like most things, there are contributing factors that combine to create the end result.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.