Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ecstasy.... no more dangerous than horse riding ?

Ecstasy.... no more dangerous than horse riding ?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:51 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ecstasy.... no more dangerous than horse riding ?

Personally, I have never felt the need to take drugs to enhance my enjoyment of life, and honestly dont understand those who do..

As someone who has two teenage boys, one of my worst fears as a parent is that as a result of 'peer pressure' they try drugs someday and whilst I beleive they are far too smart to go down that road, its always a worry in the back of my mind....

So in his position as a top UK Government Drugs Advisor, I cannot beleive this guy has come out and said this......

Professor David Nutt, chairman of the Home Office's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, said in a medical journal that taking the drug was no more harmful than an addiction to riding.

The council is expected next week to recommend that ecstasy is downgraded from class A to the less dangerous class B classification. Ministers have outlined their opposition to such a move.

Prof Nutt's article in Journal of Psychopharmacology is entitled "Equasy - An overlooked addiction with implications for the current debate on drug harms".

He writes: "The point was to get people to understand that drug harm can be equal to harms in other parts of life. There is not much difference between horse riding and ecstasy."

The professor said equasy - short for equine addiction syndrome - caused more than 100 deaths a year.

He added: "This attitude raises the critical question of why society tolerates - indeed encourages - certain forms of potentially harmful behaviour but not others such as drug use."

Ecstasy use is linked to around 30 deaths a year, up from ten a year in the early 1990s. Fatalities are caused by massive organ failure from overheating or the effects of drinking too much water.

David Raynes, of the National Drug Prevention Alliance, said: "He is entitled to his personal opinion, but if his personal view conflicts so very strongly with his public duties, it would be honourable to consider his position. If he does not, the Home Secretary should do it for him."
Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ecstasy.... no more dangerous than horse riding ?

don't know about horse riding...but some cowboys can be quite addictive...

Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ewmaninHud.jpg

so can some cowgirls

Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:04 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

this one isnt too bad either, and could become very addictive !
Attached Thumbnails Ecstasy.... no more dangerous than horse riding ?-41yjvxmnjol__ss500_.jpg  
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
this one isnt too bad either, and could become very addictive !
putting up your private pics of MM. will she appreciate that?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:23 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
putting up your private pics of MM. will she appreciate that?
Dont think they are private, as I was just one of a multi receipient email from her ?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:11 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

what a pillock. Swimming pools kill more kids than guns in the USA, that doesnt mean that there should be no gun control though does it.......what a .........
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Most recreational drugs are relatively harmless in comparison with the drugs which are perfectly legal and consumed daily like booze and tobbaco...let alone fatty foods which cause huge numbers of heart attacks every year.

The biggest problem with most recreational drugs is that their illegal status has given criminals control of their manufacture and distribution, and has made people who do overdose on them less likely to see professional medical help.

I cannot really see how giving drugs a "status" will change much - except to increase or decrease the length of sentences given by judges to dealers.

N.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ecstasy.... no more dangerous than horse riding ?

Luckily I to have done some "research" and can conclude that it's all so good taking E etc. Really it's not that dangerous but how do you know what you are taking is clean since there are no quality controls in making it?

If you do have a clean source though it's really worth a try, the closest I've ever come to a Jill Bolte type experience of feeling mellow and very intimate with others . All those guards you put up around yourself just fade away and you sort of gain an inner peace but a highened sense of awareness around physical touch. As a result people "high" are enjoyable to be around as well, they don't seem violent as when drunk just really interested and more themselves.

90's...good times .
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ewmaninHud.jpg

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
So can some cows...