British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Easter (Eggs) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/easter-eggs-830562/)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 6th 2014 6:16 am

Easter (Eggs)

So, Easter is coming...apparently.

The Peppa Pig eggs were away from all the others in the Pork Section of Choithrams.

I did have a little chuckle.

flares Apr 6th 2014 6:51 am

Re: Easter (Eggs)

ha ha ha

****** brilliant

mikewot Apr 6th 2014 8:14 am

Snort!

Dubaiexile Apr 6th 2014 8:16 am

You telling porkies??

mikewot Apr 6th 2014 8:26 am

S'eggregation!

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 6th 2014 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile (Post 11206494)
You telling porkies??

No eggsagaration

Alexa Apr 6th 2014 10:08 am

That's because pigs laid those eggs. Naturally !

Beaverstate Apr 6th 2014 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11206574)
That's because pigs laid those eggs. Naturally !

Nooo, Easter bunnies lay eggs, chocolate.

Millsyisland Apr 6th 2014 10:47 am

Priceless.

I saw some Arab kids hanging around the entrance to the pork section of my local Spinneys yesterday, daring each other to go in. They looked terrified, as though they'd be struck down if they dared venture into the room of shame...

Meow Apr 6th 2014 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 11206605)
Priceless.

I saw some Arab kids hanging around the entrance to the pork section of my local Spinneys yesterday, daring each other to go in. They looked terrified, as though they'd be struck down if they dared venture into the room of shame...

I've seen grown women doing the same, although one was touching things to the apparent admiration of her black clad friends. Ridiculous.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 6th 2014 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 11206605)
Priceless.

Amazing. How easy have they got it?

We used to dare each other to go into the 'haunted', deserted, ex-child killer's, dilapidated house at the back of the rec. That was truly terrifying.

Millsyisland Apr 6th 2014 11:16 am

Not as terrifying as a rasher of bacon though....

It's so sad, they really don't know what they're missing. Shove a bacon sarnie down their necks and maybe they'd realise. And I mean pork bacon of course, not that stringy excuse for an alternative they go for.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 6th 2014 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 11206618)
Not as terrifying as a rasher of bacon though....

It's so sad, they really don't know what they're missing. Shove a bacon sarnie down their necks and maybe they'd realise. And I mean pork bacon of course, not that stringy excuse for an alternative they go for.

Soft white bread or a crusty roll, lots of bacon (none of this one or two per bit), lashing of brown sauce inside and an extra pile to dip in. Heaven.

OriginalSunshine Apr 6th 2014 12:00 pm

lol

all Easter eggs are on full display in the main section of Oman's "Spinneys" ("Al Fair").... including Peppa Pig ones.... unfortunately that means that little scrabbly fingers poke into the eggs, and scrabbling them open and picking and eating at the chocolate.... so to buy one you have to QC it to make sure you get a whole unsullied one. at least the creme eggs are sold in packs of six with an external wrapper now.... grim.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 6th 2014 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11206647)
lol

all Easter eggs are on full display in the main section of Oman's "Spinneys" ("Al Fair").... including Peppa Pig ones.... unfortunately that means that little scrabbly fingers poke into the eggs, and scrabbling them open and picking and eating at the chocolate.... so to buy one you have to QC it to make sure you get a whole unsullied one. at least the creme eggs are sold in packs of six with an external wrapper now.... grim.

Oh goodness, what's wrong with people?

I don't think I bought the mrs one last year because A, she's not a big choc eater and B, they were all 50/60/70+ dizzers.