Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Earthly Point of Twitter.....

The Earthly Point of Twitter.....

Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Earthly Point of Twitter.....

Originally Posted by Meow
No, BC, that's not right!!

Frasier is brilliant! We're re-watching all the seasons in order at the moment. It's smart, intelligent, witty comedy. The Simpsons & Family Guy are subversive & very clever.

24 was gripping for the first few, although I started to get bored, likewise with Lost (that lost me after 1st series).

There is an awful of of dross that comes out of the States, but there are some cracking programmes too. Just like in the UK - lots of trash telly (more than ever it seems) but some very good programmes.

-

-
i agree, there are some excellent american series...the shield has to be one of the best ever, constently good across each new season (though sadly ended now...)...

MM, xx
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Frasier was good in it's day but I wouldn't lose sleep if I missed it

Lose sleep over a TV programme?? I promise that Frasier has stood the test of time. We're up to series/season 7 or 8 now and it's still very funny. I like to watch an episode before going to sleep each night to put me in a good mood!

-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i agree, there are some excellent american series...the shield has to be one of the best ever, constently good across each new season (though sadly ended now...)...

MM, xx

They often have serious money to throw at productions, so they are well written and look good. HBO especially. Just have to avoid 99% of he so-called comedies they have on the ShowComedy channels.
-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:13 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Each to their own and all that, but it's the most bizarre self-imposed exclusion I've ever heard! It's like saying I will never look to my left. Completely illogical...captain. (That's from Star Trek...another great American series)

The A-Team
The Six Million Dollar Man
Knight Rider
Baywatch
Dallas
Dynasty
Cheers

Dear me!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:13 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

They often have serious money to throw at productions, so they are well written and look good. HBO especially. Just have to avoid 99% of he so-called comedies they have on the ShowComedy channels.
-
I do enjoy Will and Grace...especially Karen and Jack
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:14 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by MataHari
I do enjoy Will and Grace...especially Karen and Jack
I think Jack is one of my all time favourite comedy characters.

-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Each to their own and all that, but it's the most bizarre self-imposed exclusion I've ever heard! It's like saying I will never look to my left. Completely illogical...captain. (That's from Star Trek...another great American series)

The A-Team
The Six Million Dollar Man
Knight Rider
Baywatch
Dallas
Dynasty
Cheers

Dear me!
80's stuff all that, used towatch a bit then, can't beat good British drama
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Lose sleep over a TV programme?? I promise that Frasier has stood the test of time. We're up to series/season 7 or 8 now and it's still very funny. I like to watch an episode before going to sleep each night to put me in a good mood!

-
what I mean is if I was going out I would bother to set the timer to tape it, however if I missed Only Fools and Horses I would not be happy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

No, BC, that's not right!!

Frasier is brilliant! We're re-watching all the seasons in order at the moment. It's smart, intelligent, witty comedy. The Simpsons & Family Guy are subversive & very clever.

24 was gripping for the first few, although I started to get bored, likewise with Lost (that lost me after 1st series).

There is an awful of of dross that comes out of the States, but there are some cracking programmes too. Just like in the UK - lots of trash telly (more than ever it seems) but some very good programmes.

-

-
Posters in different tastes shocker!!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:52 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Copycat

Quite literally

-
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Copycat

Quite literally

-
Quite intentionally.

Wouldn't be much of a sandpit if there weren't different opinions.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

80's stuff all that, used towatch a bit then, can't beat good British drama
........... but Britsh comedy is SOOOO overrated - or just 'not rated' (because everyone knows it's crap).

Can somebody explain why the patronisingly unfunny garbage called "Last of the Summer Wine" has been on for almost as long as Coronation Street????
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
........... but Britsh comedy is SOOOO overrated - or just 'not rated' (because everyone knows it's crap).

Can somebody explain why the patronisingly unfunny garbage called "Last of the Summer Wine" has been on for almost as long as Coronation Street????
I agree with you on that one, it is shite but appeals to the over 70's I would imagine, especially those in Yorkshire
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you on that one, it is shite but appeals to the over 70's I would imagine, especially those in Yorkshire
I thought Northerners hated it for its 'cloth caps and whippets' image........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.