Early mornings

Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Early mornings

Originally Posted by kittycat1
What's the matter with you people?

Original Sunshine- OMG! In the office at 6.30 am? good grief!

OK so what time does everyone go to bed to get up at the crack of a sparrows fart? how many hours sleep are you all getting?
I'd come to work at 0700 if it meant I could leave at 1600 every day. Go home, snooze, then you have the whole evening.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:26 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Alarm goes off at 0915 and I snooze around 3 times so up at 0945. Shower and out the house by 1015. With my trade if I am lucky I get away 1930/1945 if I am unlucky 2030/2100. The rest of my staff do split shifts which I hate.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:28 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Original Sunshine- OMG! In the office at 6.30 am? good grief!

OK so what time does everyone go to bed to get up at the crack of a sparrows fart? how many hours sleep are you all getting?
I go to bed at 0200/0230 - 7 hours sleep. I always find something to watch on History/Discovery or C & I channel to watch and I need time to unwind.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I hate mornings!

Work to live not live to work!

Got to bed between 12:30 and 2 and sleep until 7:15 ish. Saying that though I can quite easily survive on 4 -5 hrs a night no worries.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

Early to bed, early to rise...........

Nothing about knocking off work tho'.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:16 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

hmmnn...

Usually breakfast meeting 7:30/8am then meetings and/or office through until around 8/9pm, grab something to eat, couple of hours conf calls to US until 12am/1am.

Don't complain KC.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
hmmnn...

Usually breakfast meeting 7:30/8am then meetings and/or office through until around 8/9pm, grab something to eat, couple of hours conf calls to US until 12am/1am.

Don't complain KC.
3 months of that and i'd go postal
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
3 months of that and i'd go postal
No one person is important enough or needed enough to work those hours every day.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:53 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
No one person is important enough or needed enough to work those hours every day.
It's pretty standard in the industry.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

It's pretty standard in the industry.
Just so you know, that wasn't a dig at you personally, I'm just amazed that companies feel the need to treat people like that / expect it. It can't be productive....surely?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you know, that wasn't a dig at you personally, I'm just amazed that companies feel the need to treat people like that / expect it. It can't be productive....surely?
Try 7am to 8pm six days a week... (although we have slacked off now and finish at 6pm). Mind you, there are a fair number of very senior staff and other key staff who do longer than that...
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:13 pm
Down and out

Yeah it's rubbish, I left the industry twice. But it seems I'm reasonably good at it and dumb enough to go back

Very high level of burn-out and not good for relationships.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Try 7am to 8pm six days a week... (although we have slacked off now and finish at 6pm). Mind you, there are a fair number of very senior staff and other key staff who do longer than that...
Projects are complicated, you can end up having to do those kind of hours because those above / before are inept. It seems almost accepted that at certain stages you need to be there doing and pushing.

Yeah it's rubbish, I left the industry twice. But it seems I'm reasonably good at it and dumb enough to go back

Very high level of burn-out and not good for relationships.
What's the industry? That's mental though, not surprised at the burn-out/relationship issues.

Don't get me wrong, I could technically work 8-8 every day because I can ALWAYS do more. But **** that, unless I'm getting my arse kicked.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I am up at 4.30/4.45. First class starts at 6am. I have a break in the afternoon around 1 and then work from 4 until 7.30pm.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 12:39 pm
Down and out

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I am up at 4.30/4.45. First class starts at 6am. I have a break in the afternoon around 1 and then work from 4 until 7.30pm.
Always thought there are two types of people in the world: those who think 4am is a reasonable time to get up and those who think 4am is a reasonable time to (stagger) get home.

To be honest Patsy I thought you'd be in the second group.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.