Ear Piercing

Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:06 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ear Piercing

well naturally my first reaction would have to go nuclear ofcourse, if I wasnt told beforehand
but having said that...where I am from, its perfectly natural for the women to get it done in the first few months as (and I dont know if its medically true or not) the wise ones say that it hurts the baby less as most of the nerve endings havent developed at that early stage
and based on that we get the boys circumcised within the first 10 days (usually), yes I know I know how bad that sounds and trust me it looks much worse and I was cringing both times and kept on saying sorry to the poor lads all day next day but its custom, what can you do? I know there are a lot of religious discussions for it and a lot of medical discussions for and against it but I am just trying to say that I understand where you wife is coming from. When its custom from where is one from and when you grow up with everyone around you being ok with it, then it sort of becomes second nature to you I guess. Sort of like those giraffe neck ladies or the chinese small feet ladies, both horrible practices in my opinion, but that just proves my point doesnt it

btw micro after...not before
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

My 9 year old has asked for her ears to be pierced, I have no issue with it at all but I know it will hurt and she will end up only getting the one done. She can wait til she is in her teens then get it done if she still wants too. Personally I hate it on babies but it is a cultural thing. I would have been furious as well if I was in your shoes Brains.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
My 9 year old has asked for her ears to be pierced, I have no issue with it at all but I know it will hurt and she will end up only getting the one done. She can wait til she is in her teens then get it done if she still wants too. Personally I hate it on babies but it is a cultural thing. I would have been furious as well if I was in your shoes Brains.
Let her do it and tell her she's got it easy. My Mum and Auntie pierced each other's ears with cork, ice and a needle.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
and based on that we get the boys circumcised within the first 10 days (usually), yes I know I know how bad that sounds and trust me it looks much worse and I was cringing both times and kept on saying sorry to the poor lads all day next day but its custom, what can you do?
what can you do?

errrr, how about not following a barbaric tradition based in a time of no soap and clean water, both of which trump any so called medical justification.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Let her do it and tell her she's got it easy. My Mum and Auntie pierced each other's ears with cork, ice and a needle.
My sister did mine when I was about 6 with a needle and ice cubes. My mother was not amused.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 9:06 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Baby ear piercing.......what could possibly be wrong with that?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future

I think little girls look cute with pierced ears
Old Aug 21st 2013, 9:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
http://www.feminiya.com/wp-content/u...ith-babies.jpg

Baby ear piercing.......what could possibly be wrong with that?
WTF!! Does that baby have tattooed eyebrows?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:24 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
WTF!! Does that baby have tattooed eyebrows?
Seeing as how the mother has a vanity issue and is giving her pierced ears, I would think it is more likely pencilled on eye brows rather than tattoos. I would like to see more pencil moustachiod women.......looks hot......

Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
12 is down beside where my wife is from. I'm in for 12, 26, 35 & 48. Also got all of the wife's family registering for tickets aswell.
Curtiba...looks nice as does Porto Alegre.

Being in't South not as tropical as the rest of the country and could therefore be a bit nippy in June. I'd be surprised if my application is successful. Tickets are expensive though so that may lower demand.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
12 is down beside where my wife is from. I'm in for 12, 26, 35 & 48. Also got all of the wife's family registering for tickets aswell.
Is that the special fried rice or the prawn balls?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My sister did mine when I was about 6 with a needle and ice cubes. My mother was not amused.
I had to double check to see if that was ears or foreskin. The ice cubes I could handle...
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Curtiba...looks nice as does Porto Alegre.

Being in't South not as tropical as the rest of the country and could therefore be a bit nippy in June. I'd be surprised if my application is successful. Tickets are expensive though so that may lower demand.
I read that they expect a similar demand to Germany in 06 / 7 applicants per ticket. However I also expect that most foreigners are going to apply for Rio / SP and Braslia (not sure offhand if Recife is hosting, if so - them aswell). Curitiba and Porto Alegre will attract Argentina and German fans I would image.

June will be fine tempwise, warmer than Scotland that's for sure!

I'm heading off there in a couple weeks - 3 weeks of doing nothing and since I'm working my notice - the blackberry is staying on my desk!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Is that the special fried rice or the prawn balls?
That part of Brazil is likely to be Saurkraut or Bratwurst!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 11:30 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
what can you do?

errrr, how about not following a barbaric tradition based in a time of no soap and clean water, both of which trump any so called medical justification.
but that's exactly my point mate. Cust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.