British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   E-vision HD package/box - problems... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/e-vision-hd-package-box-problems-691763/)

Victor Meldrew Nov 1st 2010 2:46 pm

E-vision HD package/box - problems...

After haviing spent a good 12 months considering getting this package I gave in last month and signed up for it.

I have had the box for about 3 weeks now, and am not too happy for the following reasons:

- There is no real instruction booklet other than a diagram telling you what the buttons are on the remote. You have to work out how various functions work by trial and error.
-The remote control takes ages to respond - instead of 'flicking' through channels, it just stutters - slowly
-I cannot find out how to set up 'favourites' channels like on my previous Evision box
-It keeps recording programmes I havent set (eg 3 hours of Sky news on about 4 occasions now)
-Some of the recordings I have set, finish about 10 minutes before the end of the set time (eg I watched the England/Aussie Rugby Game which finshed 10 minutes before then)
- The programme guide does not always tally with what is really on the channel
-Most of the HD channels dont have a programme guide (ie it is just a solid bar with no progs) so it is impossible to book in to record any of these programmes
- regards the above I cant find a default/manual way of setting recordings on the channels which dont have a schedule.

All in all very dissapointing.

Anybody else have similar experiences or advice about how i can overcome any of these things?

Brains1983 Nov 1st 2010 5:51 pm

Re: E-vision HD package/box - problems...

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew (Post 8954931)
After haviing spent a good 12 months considering getting this package I gave in last month and signed up for it.

I have had the box for about 3 weeks now, and am not too happy for the following reasons:

- There is no real instruction booklet other than a diagram telling you what the buttons are on the remote. You have to work out how various functions work by trial and error.
-The remote control takes ages to respond - instead of 'flicking' through channels, it just stutters - slowly
-I cannot find out how to set up 'favourites' channels like on my previous Evision box
-It keeps recording programmes I havent set (eg 3 hours of Sky news on about 4 occasions now)
-Some of the recordings I have set, finish about 10 minutes before the end of the set time (eg I watched the England/Aussie Rugby Game which finshed 10 minutes before then)
- The programme guide does not always tally with what is really on the channel
-Most of the HD channels dont have a programme guide (ie it is just a solid bar with no progs) so it is impossible to book in to record any of these programmes
- regards the above I cant find a default/manual way of setting recordings on the channels which dont have a schedule.

All in all very dissapointing.

Anybody else have similar experiences or advice about how i can overcome any of these things?

neighbours had it for 3 weeks and went back to OSN

Blue Cat Nov 2nd 2010 4:16 am

apart from Sky News and the Disney Channel for the sproglet we don't watch anything on OSN

csdf Nov 2nd 2010 5:58 am

I'm still debating whether it's even worth getting a TV package at all. What with iPlayer, Channel4OD, ITVPlayer and DVD movies and box sets... might even set the VPN up to give me access to Hulu, which would cover pretty much anything I ever wanted to watch.

Blue Cat Nov 2nd 2010 7:41 am

Originally Posted by csdf (Post 8956282)
I'm still debating whether it's even worth getting a TV package at all. What with iPlayer, Channel4OD, ITVPlayer and DVD movies and box sets... might even set the VPN up to give me access to Hulu, which would cover pretty much anything I ever wanted to watch.

if I didn't have a 6 year old ours would be cancelled