E-petitions

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default E-petitions

There are thousands of them. And there are a lot of barking (and illiterate) people out there. I like these (don't necessarily agree with them, though, except the first one):

To make the Hedgehog the English National Animal
Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport
The Hedgehog represents the English spirit - prickly yet charming. We believe that elevating the Hedgehog to the status of National Animal will invigorate the nation and bring good cheer in these difficult times.
It also makes far more sense than the Lion, as we don't have any of those here.
Scrap the HSBC secure key
Responsible department: Her Majesty's Treasury
The HSBC secure key is causing misery for thousands of law abiding citizens trying to get by in life.
It is a waste of time that could be spent with family, friends or at work.
The deceit that HSBC claim that it increases security is equivalent to saying Saddam Hussein was a just leader.
The device breaks down every time it is used.
It is a dictatorial system and oppresses the innocent.
HSBC do not listen to the people that it serves and by default makes it equivalent to a regime worthy of new leadership.
My word reflect the thousands of unheard people who are striving to make ends meat.

we need to save the only civilian thing left from the war the national cinama on beverley rd hullResponsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport
we need the covernment to under stand what we need to do is to save the last and only national cinama in hull what was bomb and to remember all people who lost there lift's there

Exempt drivers from liability who accidentally and unintentially strike a dangerously or inconsiderately parked vehicle
Responsible department: Department for Transport
We the undersigned believe that drivers who find their right of way blocked by cars which have been parked inconsiderately or in a place which can be considered dangerous and/or obstructive by any reasonable person, who, in their attempt to squeeze past such a vehicle, completely accidentally and unpremeditatedly scratch against that vehicle, should be exempt from blame for the incident when it comes to car insurance. Anyone deliberately striking a vehicle shall not have a defence here and should be punished, but any bona fide driver finding themselves blocked by a car parked in an obviously stupid place should not become liable for damage if trying to squeeze past in order to avoid a massive detour or simply being blocked for hours on end, due to another driver's thoughtlessness. In other words, if a driver parks in a dangerous place, any accidental damage to his/her vehicle is his/her own responsibility.

Restore the term empire within the name of the country
Responsible department: Office of the Leader of the House of Commons
I want the goverment to recognise the fact that our great nation is still an empire as nothing has changed
we still have oversees territory and a monarchy.
we have never stopped being an empire it has only become smaller.
Let us take pride in our History and develop ourselves in the united kingdom's of the great British Empire.

Note: Petition closing date: 24 Nov 2012
Make the 10 September 2012 a one-off bank holiday!!
Responsible department: Office of the Leader of the House of Commons
To celebrate the best performance by Team GB since the London 1908 games let's aim for a public holiday on the 10 September 2012 to give our golden girls and guys the acclaim they deserve!!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-petitions

Cool animal choice...where do I vote?

What's the difference between a hedgehog and a Range Rover?

The pricks are on the outside of a hedgehog
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:14 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Cool animal choice...where do I vote?

What's the difference between a hedgehog and a Range Rover?

The pricks are on the outside of a hedgehog
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34123

Only 7 signatures so far...

Call me Dinsdale.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

"we need to save the only civilian thing left from the war the national cinama on beverley rd hull Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport
we need the covernment to under stand what we need to do is to save the last and only national cinama in hull what was bomb and to remember all people who lost there lift's there
"

I'm all for remembering the lifts of the people from Hull, but could we also donate a few capital letters, as well as a lesson or two on proper use of English?

(Is busybee from Hull by any chance?)
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I have no objection to the hedgehog becoming our national symbol (Canada has the loon, for God's sake) but I had no idea that it is currently the lion (as suggested by that first petition).

Is that correct, or is it just a myth perpetuated by the 'three lions' on an England football shirt?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:29 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I have no objection to the hedgehog becoming our national symbol (Canada has the loon, for God's sake) but I had no idea that it is currently the lion (as suggested by that first petition).

Is that correct, or is it just a myth perpetuated by the 'three lions' on an England football shirt?
Yeah, it's a lion. **** knows why... I could understand a dragon, but a lion?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:47 pm