Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

E-Cigs (Saudi legalities)

E-Cigs (Saudi legalities)

Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default E-Cigs (Saudi legalities)

Tried searching but couldn't find anything. After 20 years of smoking I've been using them for half a year until I "find the right time" to give up. I understand cigs are very cheap compared to the UK, so i need to stop, or carry on with an e-cig till I'm '"ready".

Are e-cigs legal in Saudi?

Can they be brought over in hold luggage? Batteries, cartomisers, nicotine juice (avoiding 'beverage' flavourings naturally)

Can you buy them locally (Riyadh)?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-Cigs (Saudi legalities)

Not sure about Saudi - but i brought e-cigs and about 1000 cartridges thru Kuwait and no questions were asked (however the cartons still lie on top of the tv whilst i crack open another pack of Malboro Gold)

Good luck
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

If I can't get answers here (and I've had vague directions which lean each way) if I'm to have them found in my baggage in a clear bag and it's against their rules, are they going to merely confiscate them or take further action? (fine, deportation) I wouldn't know what level to place e-cigs on in comparison.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Your worrying too much - throw them in your suitcase and you will be fine
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not being paranoid, just thinking of trying to squeeze camels through the eye of needles where the 'limits' are concerned
Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

siddiqui is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be okay you get them through your luggage. They are legal here in Saudi I remember seeing at them at the Pharmacy a year back.

They wouldn't even know what E-Cigs are at the airport.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah, that sounds good then. UKCityGent obviously has the E-lites, that look like real cigs and come in an imitation cigarette packet. I go with Ego batteries, that when assembled don't look like a normal cig (trying to shrug off the social addiction part before I do the physical) and don't want them getting mistaken for sex toys, munitions or collectible Doctor Who sonic screwdrivers