Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

DXB Police not allowed to enter your property?

DXB Police not allowed to enter your property?

Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DXB Police not allowed to enter your property?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Why do egyptians like cats?
I don't know why do egyptians like cats? OK not a joke then:
The flooding of Nile, which the Egyptians could predict, provided them with fertile soil to the degree that their crops were so successful that they were among the first people to store grain. Of course, they found out that rats and other vermin arrived THAT SAME DAY to eat and foul their stores of precious grains. These attentive Northern Africans soon noticed how cats had a zero tolerance of vermin, were aloof and proud and profoundly intuitive-not to mention beautiful and graceful, qualities the Egyptians revered. The Egyptians were arguably the first civilized Homo Sapiens to disdain overweight people, considering the act of over eating unnecessary. Being intoxicated, on the other hand, was tolerated, as beer was the beverage most drank. Back to catus catus: hence over the millennium the cat (catus catus) soon was perceived as a God, Bastet.

All because of the ancient cat's initial, apparently voluntary services as mouse catcher to ancient granaries.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the saliva of dogs is written to be unclean in the Koran.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I thought the saliva of dogs is written to be unclean in the Koran.
It is if you let them lick the dishes clean.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
The flooding of Nile, which the Egyptians could predict, provided them with fertile soil to the degree that their crops were so successful that they were among the first people to store grain. Of course, they found out that rats and other vermin arrived THAT SAME DAY to eat and foul their stores of precious grains. These attentive Northern Africans soon noticed how cats had a zero tolerance of vermin, were aloof and proud and profoundly intuitive-not to mention beautiful and graceful, qualities the Egyptians revered. The Egyptians were arguably the first civilized Homo Sapiens to disdain overweight people, considering the act of over eating unnecessary. Being intoxicated, on the other hand, was tolerated, as beer was the beverage most drank. Back to catus catus: hence over the millennium the cat (catus catus) soon was perceived as a God, Bastet.

All because of the ancient cat's initial, apparently voluntary services as mouse catcher to ancient granaries.
Also, another urban myth is that all cat's heads have an 'M' shape on them, apparently where the Prophet Mohammed left his mark -although why he would use a Roman initial is never cleared up. And what about sphinx cats with no fur? Again, never explained.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

The ancient Egyptians loves cats, they saw them as a link between this world and the next world when they die. They were very important to them.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 2:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday a family in JVT were out walking their two little dogs when a Doberman attacked and killed both of the small dogs. When the police came the owner refused them entry to his property. In the UK they'd have been allowed, in pursuit of a crime, so it seems strange that Dubai police can't.
Well when they came knocking on my door they smacked my head off the wall and dragged me out and took me to prison, so I guess it depends on nationality and maybe wasta...
Old Dec 4th 2012, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"a myth that a dog dug up Allah's grave" ???????????????????????????????

There are hadiths that explain the position on dogs. Nothing to do with the above.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:38 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Dogs shit everywhere. Cats are discrete and clean up after themselves. Cats prefer to eat fresh kill, dogs eat anything. This is why I am told cats are preferred as they are considered much cleaner. It's a milder version of the reason poor old pigs are so disdained though I've not heard that there are any specific hadiths or prohibitions attaching to dogs.... Think also of all of the ritual here around personal cleaning and ablutions - fairly logical behaviours and beliefs to have evolved given the climate and environment I guess.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to check the Islamic Theology here it is

http://muttaqun.com/dogs.html
Old Dec 5th 2012, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Q: Is is true that they eat dogs in The Philippines?
A: Only when they run out of cats!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
It's all to do with a myth that a dog dug up Allah's grave.
Did you read that in the Beano? I haven't seen a more ridiculous post on this website lol!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Did you read that in the Beano? I haven't seen a more ridiculous post on this website lol!
think what you wish but I am pretty sure it was a Muslim who told me
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Azhar Usman?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:24 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Trustworthy bunch them...............Next you will be saying they told you they get 70 odd virgins when they kill themselves in their landcruiser.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:27 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well I would like to strongly beg to differ with that Muslim friend of yours BlueCat
Allah is another name for God and hence there isnt a grave
One of the main reasons dogs arent liked by Muslims is that the barking of a dog is considered bad karma for the peace and serenity of the house, hence most dont keep them inside the house but are ok with them as pets outside the house
I am Muslim and I love dogs, kept one as a pet for years, even used to sneak it inside the house on cold nights parents used to go NUTS!!!
and i HATE cats btw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.