Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

DXB Palm / Beach Hotel Options

DXB Palm / Beach Hotel Options

Old May 26th 2015, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default DXB Palm / Beach Hotel Options

A quick question - i'm over later in the year and looking for a really really nice hotel for either one or two nights as part of the trip - it'll be a surprise for the gf.

I've either got the option of one all out night at the One & Only Palm or two nights at, say, the Zabeel Saray, Dar Al Masyaf or Royal Mirage (or similar).

What would you opt for? I don't want anything too touristy (as in young kids screaming the place down) and it's only a quick stop.
Old May 26th 2015, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DXB Palm / Beach Hotel Options

Dar Al Masyaf is very nice
Old May 26th 2015, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

cherrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Dar Al Masyaf is very nice
Google Maps says it's closed.
Old May 27th 2015, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Dad just stayed at the Sofitel on the Palm, was lovely.

Loads of options now. Zabeel Saraay is beautiful, Waldorf looks good, One and ONly is lush but you'll spend 20mins in a cab to just get off the palm.
Old May 27th 2015, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scamp
Dad just stayed at the Sofitel on the Palm, was lovely.

Loads of options now. Zabeel Saraay is beautiful, Waldorf looks good, One and ONly is lush but you'll spend 20mins in a cab to just get off the palm.
The O&O also want £800 including taxes for bed and breakfast - although they do have a free boat transfer to the mainland. I can get in the Zabeel Saray half board for 2 or 3 nights for the same amount though.

I'll look at the Sofitel. I won't need to get off the palm during the stay as I'll be in an apartment for a week after that.
Old May 27th 2015, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by CeeBee
The O&O also want £800 including taxes for bed and breakfast - although they do have a free boat transfer to the mainland. I can get in the Zabeel Saray half board for 2 or 3 nights for the same amount though.

I'll look at the Sofitel. I won't need to get off the palm during the stay as I'll be in an apartment for a week after that.
800???? for two nights or one?

**** me. That's offensive. Dad got 2no Emirates Business returns from London, 9 nights half board in Sofitel for about 5k GBP.

Honestly don't think the O&O is worth the extra. Walk into there, Waldorf, ZAbeel, Fairmont etc and you'll barely see a difference (IMHO). Save the cash, spend on beer.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
800???? for two nights or one?

**** me. That's offensive. Dad got 2no Emirates Business returns from London, 9 nights half board in Sofitel for about 5k GBP.

Honestly don't think the O&O is worth the extra. Walk into there, Waldorf, ZAbeel, Fairmont etc and you'll barely see a difference (IMHO). Save the cash, spend on beer.
If I recall correctly it was around £670+ taxes (20% or so) for one night!!

There are some good deals to be had half board especially in the Jumeirah group resorts which I'll probably go with. It's November / December though so nothing is mega cheap.
Old May 28th 2015, 4:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CeeBee
If I recall correctly it was around £670+ taxes (20% or so) for one night!!

There are some good deals to be had half board especially in the Jumeirah group resorts which I'll probably go with. It's November / December though so nothing is mega cheap.
That's offensively expensive.

Go somewhere else, half board is a good option, Dad used it everyday and said the selections were really decent.
Old May 28th 2015, 9:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherrick
Google Maps says it's closed.
Google maps? Why would anyone check on a hotel via a map???

Dar al Masyaf is part of the Madinat, under the umbrella of Al Qasr and is very much open for business. They are being refurbished in August but not shut.