Dubai taxi doors

Old May 30th 2013, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai taxi doors

Originally Posted by Nellie1584
hi all

possibly a silly thing to ask but why do loads of taxis only unlock one of the back passenger doors when you get to your destination?
it really bugs me when i have to crawl over the seats to get out because the driver cant/wont unlock the door on my side

any ideas??!
they have to only allow you out the pavement side, its against the traffic rules to come out the door on the road side, they will get a fine from rta otherwise. its for the safety of the passenger.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
they have to only allow you out the pavement side, its against the traffic rules to come out the door on the road side, they will get a fine from rta otherwise. its for the safety of the passenger.
Then why do they leave it unlocked so that you can get IN on that side to begin with?
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Then why do they leave it unlocked so that you can get IN on that side to begin with?
???? normally in abu at least that side of door is locked, but i suppose the pavements can be on both sides on the smaller roads so maybe some "forget".
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
???? normally in abu at least that side of door is locked, but i suppose the pavements can be on both sides on the smaller roads so maybe some "forget".
No, no, no............

Say three people are getting into a taxi - one gets in the front, one in the rear right, and one in the rear left (the door behind the driver) - you have to walk out into the road to get in that one. I certainly will not get in at the right-rear-door and shuffle across - sod that.............

That door is never locked when he is picking up passengers.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, no, no............

Say three people are getting into a taxi - one gets in the front, one in the rear right, and one in the rear left (the door behind the driver) - you have to walk out into the road to get in that one. I certainly will not get in at the right-rear-door and shuffle across - sod that.............

no been in that position in abu and the door is locked and been in a car park. so yes you would have to do the "shuffle"...
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Taxi rant

1) Seem to be a lot of new drivers in town who don't know Tecom from timbucktu- bloody annoying when they refuse to take you even though you tell them you know the way

2) Taxis with broken aircon or working aricon but the outlet thing-a-me bob is broken soyou cant direct the air

3) Taxis with seatbelts that don't lock when the taxi breaks ( had a few of these recently)

4) Tazi drivers with no change- grr!

5) Taxis with no seatbelts

6) Taxi drivers who refuse to help you with your luggage

7) Taxi drivers who assume you want to give them a tip and don't even go to give you your change

8) Taxi driver with poor personal hygiene

9) Taxi drivers who say they know the way and take you the longest route possible

10) Taxi drivers who use their mobiles throughout the journey

11) Taxi drivers who proposition you

12) Taxi drivers who try to kill you with their nutty driving

Think thats it - may have been getting taxis for too long!
Darling, I have a driver..he is very polite and knows his way around . He can't really do school run times but usually he has a friend he can send if he is busy. Let me know if you want an introduction.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:04 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

3) Taxis with seatbelts that don't lock when the taxi breaks ( had a few of these recently)
You've been in Taxis when they break? What happened, did a wheel fall off?
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, no............

It's not really locked - it's a child lock so you can open the door from the outside, but not from the inside.