Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ejari - the easiest way to get one?

Ejari - the easiest way to get one?

Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:06 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ejari - the easiest way to get one?

Apologies for dull request for info type post...

We've been in this rented apartment about 6 years, never had to have an Ejari for any reason, never been requested etc.

Building management now requesting all apartments have valid Ejari.

What is the quickest / easiest way to get an Ejari issued?

I think I read a while back that online is not possible?

Any tips?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Ejari - the easiest way to get one?

Company PRO to do it?

There are firms that will do it for you for a fee, which we considered, however she just went down to the place at Manara one morning, was in and out and done in no time. Glad we didn't pay a firm to do it given it was so easy.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

legally every one who is renting must have an ejari - that came into force a few years ago - am surprised to hear that you haven't had one to-date.
Usually any typing centre will do it for you - the actual cost is AED 215. But as SCAMP has pointed out you can go to the gvt offices on SZR - Al Manara exit and do it yourself.
Last year when i moved apartments i had to, for the first time, 'cancel' my previous ejari...something that i've never had to do before. Apparently if you don't cancel (when you are moving out) the new tenant cannot get theirs.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
Last year when i moved apartments i had to, for the first time, 'cancel' my previous ejari...something that i've never had to do before. Apparently if you don't cancel (when you are moving out) the new tenant cannot get theirs.
We never did the year before's, so she had to do that one, cancel it and do the new one.

Went when it opened, said it was painless (apart from the stupidity) and quick.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i really don't see the need for cancelling an ejari - since the ejari is valid for the duration of your tenancy contract and hence one would assume since your tenancy contract has ended the ejari has ended.....it just seems totally pointless...other than them making more money since you also have to pay in order to cancel.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

legally every one who is renting must have an ejari - that came into force a few years ago - am surprised to hear that you haven't had one to-date.
Usually any typing centre will do it for you - the actual cost is AED 215. But as SCAMP has pointed out you can go to the gvt offices on SZR - Al Manara exit and do it yourself.
Guy sitting on the Ejari desk is usually bored out of his skull and dying for something to do...takes about 15 mins, and the one at Al Manara is extremely helpful!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:59 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I like to do everything online, and have done the EJari this way for the last 3-4 years. This year they screwed it up so badly I took Scamps advice and wandered down to the Gov office. Dead easy.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:56 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks all - looks like Al Manara is the way to go.

Mission - it's just never been requested or needed previously so didn't see the need to get one done as yet...
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

i've got to do this with my new lease....can anyone confirm what documents i will need to get the Ejari for my new apartment and also what documents i will need to cancel the Ejari on my current apartment?
AUTO how did you get on?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:10 am
Account Closed

i've got to do this with my new lease....can anyone confirm what documents i will need to get the Ejari for my new apartment and also what documents i will need to cancel the Ejari on my current apartment?
AUTO how did you get on?
You need an NOC from the Ministry of Housing, Land and Apartments Registry Foundation. You can get it online, just google them and enter all the info. The NOC is automatic but you have to collect from a printing centre on Al Diyafah as they have it in English and Arabic and Spanish. Problem is you have to pick one of the three typing centres yourself, so you might struggle.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
You need an NOC from the Ministry of Housing, Land and Apartments Registry Foundation. You can get it online, just google them and enter all the info. The NOC is automatic but you have to collect from a printing centre on Al Diyafah as they have it in English and Arabic and Spanish. Problem is you have to pick one of the three typing centres yourself, so you might struggle.
bog off lol
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:21 am
Account Closed

bog off lol
I'm only kidding of course.

But not joking about this bit; when you get your Ejari they add 5% each year for inflation and you have to do the mental arithmetic yourself or they won't give you the final certificate. NO CALCULATORS.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm only kidding of course.

But not joking about this bit; when you get your Ejari they add 5% each year for inflation and you have to do the mental arithmetic yourself or they won't give you the final certificate. NO CALCULATORS.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ok i am confused because there is conflicting infor online.....when i go to the ejari website one of the documents required is the dewa connection receipt....however when i go to the dewa site to see what i need to upload in order to get the dewa activated it's asking for the ejari number and dewa Premise Number - how can i get the ejari number, when in order to get the Ejari i need the dewa connection receipt....and i can't get the dewa connected unless i have the ejari number????
i am confused.com
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

ok i am confused the ejari number????
i am confused.com

Confused

Just take a little trip to Al Manara and go to the Ejari desk, put your best dumb/confused face on and say you would be eternally grateful if he, with all his wisdom and know how could help, lean forward and flash plenty of cleavage!!

Bob`s your uncle, fannies your aunt..it will all be done shazzam!!!

If you can take the DEWA number from the outside of your new apartment and the old one (usually on a little plaque outside)

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.