British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai Marina - Friday Market (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-marina-friday-market-570153/)

Autonomy Oct 30th 2008 6:48 am

Dubai Marina - Friday Market

is this happening again this year?

Is there one tomorrow and if so what time do most stalls open?

Thanks!

BangleMan Oct 30th 2008 6:54 am

Re: Dubai Marina - Friday Market

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 6924123)
is this happening again this year?

Is there one tomorrow and if so what time do most stalls open?

Thanks!

there is one every Friday yes, and usually the stalls are up by 11am....

Autonomy Oct 30th 2008 6:56 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6924137)

that's what i thought...

great - thanks man....

Blue Cat Oct 30th 2008 7:10 am

well that will be the end of us doing the Rupee Room brunch then, no parking :(

lionheart Oct 30th 2008 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6924167)
well that will be the end of us doing the Rupee Room brunch then, no parking :(

We went a couple of Fridays ago. The so-called market was a waste of space but the Blue Restaurant buffet brunch was again excellent. Looked at the Rupee Room but only one seafood item in the buffet brunch, battered fish. No problem parking in Car Park 2 at 12 noon.

Grace O Malley Oct 30th 2008 7:19 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6924137)

BM what do they sell?

Blue Cat Oct 30th 2008 7:26 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6924172)
We went a couple of Fridays ago. The so-called market was a waste of space but the Blue Restaurant buffet brunch was again excellent. Looked at the Rupee Room but only one seafood item in the buffet brunch, battered fish. No problem parking in Car Park 2 at 12 noon.

Rupee room is indian cusuine not seafood. How much is that Blue Restuarant?

BangleMan Oct 30th 2008 7:27 am

what a shame I didnt bump into you...

BangleMan Oct 30th 2008 7:31 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6924177)
BM what do they sell?

crap basically....lol

no, there are about 20 little stalls, selling artwork / pictures, jewelery, little vasey / lantern things, beach towels, some wooden budha heads.......a car boot sale it aint, and would take you all of 10misn to walk along the rows !

Nice place to have lunch and a stroll though, and have never had a problem with the two car parks there......should be empty the days LH will be there though as no ****er will want to be in the same place at the same time......lol !

Blue Cat Oct 30th 2008 7:34 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6924196)
crap basically....lol

no, there are about 20 little stalls, selling artwork / pictures, jewelery, little vasey / lantern things, beach towels, some wooden budha heads.......a car boot sale it aint, and would take you all of 10misn to walk along the rows !

Nice place to have lunch and a stroll though, and have never had a problem with the two car parks there......should be empty the days LH will be there though as no ****er will want to be in the same place at the same time......lol !

:eek::eek::eek: so there is no point organising a BE brunch then :o

BangleMan Oct 30th 2008 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6924201)
:eek::eek::eek: so there is no point organising a BE brunch then :o

Go for it....! The restuarants there are nice, there's a nice Chinese (something...Orchid), Indian (Rupee Room), fish restuarant (with some sad looking lobsters in the window), lebanese, japanese......and Jonny Rockets and Spinneys !

I will be able to see you all from my apartment and depending on how dodgy you all look, will decide whether to come along....lol

Spugsy Oct 30th 2008 7:41 am

this dragon mart place, I've never been, it looks MASSIVE, worth a trip? It's not too far from us.

MataHari Oct 30th 2008 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6924217)
this dragon mart place, I've never been, it looks MASSIVE, worth a trip? It's not too far from us.

it's worth it to go once...just to see what it's about...it's a weird place though...selling everything from cups and saucers to dentist chairs, generators and apparently lacy underwear...

Sky Blue Oct 30th 2008 7:55 am

great I need a few new lacy garments... Where is it???

MataHari Oct 30th 2008 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 6924247)
great I need a few new lacy garments... Where is it???

lol...I doubt you'd want to buy them there...unless you like the ichty variety...
plenty of nice shops in the normal malls...