Dubai Marathon

Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Marathon

Has anyone done it? Commander? I'm thinking of setting myself a bit of a challenge for 2013 anyone else up for it?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Marathon

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Has anyone done it? Commander? I'm thinking of setting myself a bit of a challenge for 2013 anyone else up for it?
If you start running now, you might just beat Haile Gebrsellassie.......
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:14 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Called Snickers now.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I do like a starburst of off-the -wall humour, now and then...
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

come on some one must be up for it?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I get tired running a bath, so no chance! I can run a temperature if that could get some sponsorship
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I get tired running a bath, so no chance! I can run a temperature if that could get some sponsorship
We could have a Bath Chair and Zimmer Frame Marathon, Janxy?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jackthehat
We could have a Bath Chair and Zimmer Frame Marathon, Janxy?
I would be perfectly happy to have someone push me in a wheelchair, all the better position to offer unhelpful comments from!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:55 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
why not run it in 2012, 6 months training will be enough to at least get around the course or do at least 10-15 miles. It would be valuable experience to have then if you ran it properly later.

Also do a few 5k and 10k races to get a feel for running on the roads.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Done the last two and the course is soooooo boring. basically Brassti to the Alamo and back.

They are saying that the route will change next year and be taking in the Burrj Abu Dhabi and that area. I'll be running it and the best way to train is to go along with the Creek Striders every Friday morning as they gear their long run to the Dubai Marathon and it keeps you out of the pub on a Thursday.

Mike
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

why not run it in 2012, 6 months training will be enough to at least get around the course or do at least 10-15 miles. It would be valuable experience to have then if you ran it properly later.

Also do a few 5k and 10k races to get a feel for running on the roads.

Seeing as I can only just run 2km at the moment I want to give myself a realistic target that I can commit to. Also have holiday in Feb which is my big target for the teeny bikini this would be my target fro keeping in shape!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

2k now
Iftar Challenge September 5k
Abras Dubai 10k October
Abu Dhabi Half Marathon November 21k
DCS Dubai half December 21k
Dubai Marathon January 42k
Wadi Bih Feb 72k

Job Done
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:17 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartans53
2k now
Iftar Challenge September 5k
Abras Dubai 10k October
Abu Dhabi Half Marathon November 21k
DCS Dubai half December 21k
Dubai Marathon January 42k
Wadi Bih Feb 72k

Job Done
this is a good plan, except for the last one
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel central
this is a good plan, except for the last one
If I'm honest, the last one is the one which appeals to me the most.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction to find out more?
Thanks, Janxy.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

If you want some more time there is a roumour that AD are going to have a Marathon in March 2012.

The last one is the really fun one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.