British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai Mall then... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-mall-then-602904/)

Spugsy Apr 10th 2009 7:01 pm

Dubai Mall then...

..obviously but I'm late in teh day, but jaysus the placeis a bit mad eh?

I was there this afternoon, thought the aquarium looked good at first but wasn't happy with those sharks and thats wimming around, pretty cruel really - some of the shops are good and the bookshop at the top of the place is awesome, one of the best bookshops I've ever been in, had some much, I spent a fair amount of money on there,

oha nd we went to the new italian place, can't remember the name, its just opened, the food was bloody fantastic, I'd recommend it to anyone,

and the ice rink as well, and when we left.....we had to swerve to avoid 3 peacocks,

I shit you not. This place never fails to amaze me.....

MataHari Apr 10th 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Dubai Mall then...

Carluccio's...

I don't like that Mall at all....

MacScot Apr 10th 2009 7:12 pm

I've not been to the Dubai Mall.

If I go by car along SZR from Dubai Marina, I presume you turn right at I/C #2 (Hatta Road) and the Mall is somewhere on the right (well sign posted I assume)...but is it easy to exit the Mall and get back to SZR to Dubai Marina again?

Spugsy Apr 10th 2009 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7469931)
Carluccio's...

I don't like that Mall at all....

aye thats it, pancake with summer berries and strawberry ice cream, mmmmmmm.

Well for electronics shops, tvs and all thats shit its ace, bookshop its aamzing, place itself is blingy and tacky, but thats dubai eh?

Oh and all the surf shops are more expensive than in other malls, quicksilver etc, AED 250 for a ....beach towel - what??

Spugsy Apr 10th 2009 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7469935)
I've not been to the Dubai Mall.

If I go by car along SZR from Dubai Marina, I presume you turn right at I/C #2 (Hatta Road) and the Mall is somewhere on the right (well sign posted I assume)...but is it easy to exit the Mall and get back to SZR to Dubai Marina again?

where did the peacocks come from though macScot?

I need to know.

MacScot Apr 10th 2009 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7469940)
where did the peacocks come from though macScot?

I need to know.

That almost sounded like "where do babies come from.." :rofl:

You can find wild peacocks are found in Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka. But I think if the peacocks you saw were free roaming, then they have 'escaped' or flown away from where they had been held...unless the Mall has a garden area? Don't really know...

The Dean Apr 10th 2009 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7469923)
..obviously but I'm late in teh day, but jaysus the placeis a bit mad eh?

I was there this afternoon, thought the aquarium looked good at first but wasn't happy with those sharks and thats wimming around, pretty cruel really - some of the shops are good and the bookshop at the top of the place is awesome, one of the best bookshops I've ever been in, had some much, I spent a fair amount of money on there,

oha nd we went to the new italian place, can't remember the name, its just opened, the food was bloody fantastic, I'd recommend it to anyone,

and the ice rink as well, and when we left.....we had to swerve to avoid 3 peacocks,

I shit you not. This place never fails to amaze me.....

and the ice rink as well

Was that very tall idiot still there, falling all over the place on the ice, and getting in everyone's way??

Spugsy Apr 10th 2009 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7469954)
and the ice rink as well

Was that very tall idiot still there, falling all over the place on the ice, and getting in everyone's way??

there was a few mate, was one you?

Inselaffen Apr 10th 2009 8:04 pm

if someone looked like Lurch on skates then it was him!

Jeeper Apr 10th 2009 8:22 pm

peacocks were prob outside zabeel palace nearby?

i'm absolutely hammered by the way - though yee ight like to know.

Cham128 Apr 11th 2009 12:04 am

I'm not a fan of dubai mall either, there's still a lot of places that aren't open yet and although it's huge, it's so big that parts seem completely empty, it feels like it's too clinical in some parts if that makes sense?

commander Apr 11th 2009 5:06 am

Overpriced shite.

And the peacocks are gay

The Dean Apr 11th 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7470598)
Overpriced shite.

And the peacocks are gay

......... hence the nickname............

seraphnina Apr 11th 2009 6:03 am

It will make a good zombie mall.:wub:

Madam Medusa Apr 11th 2009 9:01 am

ohhh, i love dubai mall...makes every other mall here pale into insignificance...

MM, xx