British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai Gyms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-gyms-536234/)

pauldxb May 13th 2008 11:54 am

Dubai Gyms

I live on Palm J & im looking at joining either Fitness First or Hayya, the new fitness first is opening in DMC which is 5 mins away, where as Hayya is based in Meadows, Springs & the lakes, how far is that from me ????

Also is anyone a member of either gym ? Any advice welcomed:thumbsup:

arbroath_abroad May 13th 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Dubai Gyms

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 6344004)
I live on Palm J & im looking at joining either Fitness First or Hayya, the new fitness first is opening in DMC which is 5 mins away, where as Hayya is based in Meadows, Springs & the lakes, how far is that from me ????

Also is anyone a member of either gym ? Any advice welcomed:thumbsup:

have you even left the palm?:confused::confused:

the meadows springs and lakes are almost directly opposite you on the other side of SZR.

Blue Cat May 13th 2008 1:07 pm

hayya has a summer special - 4 months for a 1000 Dhs, single membership.

pauldxb May 13th 2008 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6344244)
have you even left the palm?:confused::confused:

the meadows springs and lakes are almost directly opposite you on the other side of SZR.

Indeed i have, that much so that i am back in the UK for 2 weeks, so its not far then,

pauldxb May 13th 2008 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6344311)
hayya has a summer special - 4 months for a 1000 Dhs, single membership.

Thats pretty good, are hayya gyms ? Or are they cheap in cost because they are cheap in every other department

Blue Cat May 13th 2008 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 6344522)
Thats pretty good, are hayya gyms ? Or are they cheap in cost because they are cheap in every other department

The Lakes Club is excellent, great pool and an big gym, and a licensed restaurant. Go take a look before you decided, 1000 dhs for 4 months is less than a 100 dhs a week!

pauldxb May 15th 2008 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6344778)
The Lakes Club is excellent, great pool and an big gym, and a licensed restaurant. Go take a look before you decided, 1000 dhs for 4 months is less than a 100 dhs a week!

Nice one, thanks how far is the Lakes club from palm J ? If your a member of one club can you still use the other venue's ?

Blue Cat May 15th 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 6354997)
Nice one, thanks how far is the Lakes club from palm J ? If your a member of one club can you still use the other venue's ?

about 15 mins max from the Palm and yes you can use the other clubs too.