Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:37 pm
  #1  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai footy 7s this weekend

It's going to be BRILLIANT (unless you don't like football)

Some amazing players playing (and not just me and Banglebollocks), bands on, beer tents, sun shining, food.....

If you have kids they'd love it and if you are a footy fan check out the ex players who are playing:

The teams competing in the Legends tournament at the Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s are:
1. AC Milan

1. Franco Baresi
2. Zvonimir Boban
3. Simone Braglia
4. Angelo Carbone
5. Alessandro Costacurta
6. Paolo Di Canio
7. Stefano Eranio
8. Paolo Maldini
9. Daniele Massaro
10. Pietro Vierchowod
11. Christian Vieri

2. Arsenal FC

1. Vince Bartram
2. Jimmy Carter
3. Martin Hayes
4. Daniel O’ Shea
5. David Hillier
6. John Jensen
7. Matthew Joseph
8. Anders Limpar
9. Stefan Schwarz
10. Ian Selley
11. Chris Whyte

3. Celtic FC

1. Lex Baillie
2. Regi Blinker
3. Thomas Boyd
4. Gerry Britton
5. John Collins
6. Darren Jackson
7. Gordon Marshall
8. Brian O’Neil
9. Sean Sweeney
10. Pierre Van Hooijdonk
11. Andy Walker
12. Derek Whyte

4. Chelsea FC

1. David Blanchett
2. Ian Britton
3. Paul Canoville
4. Gary Chivers
5. Kerry Dixon
6. Keith Dublin
7. Mick Hartford
8. Garry Stanley
9. Kenny Swain
10. Clive Walker
11. Clive Wilson

5. Liverpool FC

1. Phil Babb
2. Bob Bolder
3. Jon Durnin
4. Howard Gayle
5. Dietmar Hamann
6. Don Hutchison
7. Rob Jones
8. Jason McAteer
9. Ian Rush
10. Paul Walsh
11. Mark Walters
12. John Wark

6. Manchester United

1. Russell Beardsmore
2. Clayton Blackmore
3. Peter Davenport
4. Fraser Digby
5. Deiniol Graham
6. Lou Macari
7. Giuliano Mairoana
8. Lee Martin
9. David May
10. Ben Thornley
11. Neil Webb

7. Rangers FC

1. Dave Bowman
2. Gordon Durie
3. Derek Ferguson
4. Lynsey Hamilton
5. Stuart McCall
6. Dave McPherson
7. Zoran Mirkovich
8. Michael Mols
9. Neil Murray
10. Scott Nisbet
11. Gordon Petric
12. Fraser Wishart

8. UAE 1990 World Cup team

1. Abdullah Ali Sultan
2. Abdulrahman Mohamed Abdullah
3. Fahad Khamees
4. Adnan Khamis Al Talyani
5. Hassan Mohamed
6. Nasir Khamees
7. Bakhit Saad Mubarak
8. Ibrahim Saleh
9. Mohammed Obaid
10. Abdulhakim Khamis
11. Munther Ali
12. Adel Saad
Spugsy is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:54 pm
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

A little too much information, pal. You should have restricted your list to those players most have heard of. You might also have included the exact location and timings.
lionheart is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:19 pm
  #3  
banned
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,609
commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Sorry but ill be partaking in the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon this weekend. Much better fun and a lot better work out.
commander is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:50 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
benzonar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,631
benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Giuliano Mairoana

Now there is a blast from the past, looked shit hot in the reserves and youth team but was absolutely pants in the few games he got in the first team.
benzonar is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:03 pm
  #5  
why ayeeeee man!
Thread Starter
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
A little too much information, pal. You should have restricted your list to those players most have heard of. You might also have included the exact location and timings.
bollocks, google it.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:42 am
  #6  
banned
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,609
commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

aye that Fraser Digby was a United Legend..
commander is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:41 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Inselaffen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 13,547
Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by commander View Post
aye that Fraser Digby was a United Legend..
he was compared to Giuliano Mairoana
Inselaffen is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:40 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,082
Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
A little too much information, pal. You should have restricted your list to those players most have heard of. You might also have included the exact location and timings.
and if he'd done that you'd moan 'why only put the known players'....why not list the full teams?!

Can't win!
Jeeper is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:55 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,886
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
It's going to be BRILLIANT (unless you don't like football)

Some amazing players playing (and not just me and Banglebollocks), bands on, beer tents, sun shining, food.....

If you have kids they'd love it and if you are a footy fan check out the ex players who are playing:

The teams competing in the Legends tournament at the Emirates Airline Dubai Football 7s are:
1. AC Milan

1. Franco Baresi
2. Zvonimir Boban
3. Simone Braglia
4. Angelo Carbone
5. Alessandro Costacurta
6. Paolo Di Canio
7. Stefano Eranio
8. Paolo Maldini
9. Daniele Massaro
10. Pietro Vierchowod
11. Christian Vieri

2. Arsenal FC

1. Vince Bartram
2. Jimmy Carter
3. Martin Hayes
4. Daniel O’ Shea
5. David Hillier
6. John Jensen
7. Matthew Joseph
8. Anders Limpar
9. Stefan Schwarz
10. Ian Selley
11. Chris Whyte

3. Celtic FC

1. Lex Baillie
2. Regi Blinker
3. Thomas Boyd
4. Gerry Britton
5. John Collins
6. Darren Jackson
7. Gordon Marshall
8. Brian O’Neil
9. Sean Sweeney
10. Pierre Van Hooijdonk
11. Andy Walker
12. Derek Whyte

4. Chelsea FC

1. David Blanchett
2. Ian Britton
3. Paul Canoville
4. Gary Chivers
5. Kerry Dixon
6. Keith Dublin
7. Mick Hartford
8. Garry Stanley
9. Kenny Swain
10. Clive Walker
11. Clive Wilson

5. Liverpool FC

1. Phil Babb
2. Bob Bolder
3. Jon Durnin
4. Howard Gayle
5. Dietmar Hamann
6. Don Hutchison
7. Rob Jones
8. Jason McAteer
9. Ian Rush
10. Paul Walsh
11. Mark Walters
12. John Wark

6. Manchester United

1. Russell Beardsmore
2. Clayton Blackmore
3. Peter Davenport
4. Fraser Digby
5. Deiniol Graham
6. Lou Macari
7. Giuliano Mairoana
8. Lee Martin
9. David May
10. Ben Thornley
11. Neil Webb

7. Rangers FC

1. Dave Bowman
2. Gordon Durie
3. Derek Ferguson
4. Lynsey Hamilton
5. Stuart McCall
6. Dave McPherson
7. Zoran Mirkovich
8. Michael Mols
9. Neil Murray
10. Scott Nisbet
11. Gordon Petric
12. Fraser Wishart

8. UAE 1990 World Cup team

1. Abdullah Ali Sultan
2. Abdulrahman Mohamed Abdullah
3. Fahad Khamees
4. Adnan Khamis Al Talyani
5. Hassan Mohamed
6. Nasir Khamees
7. Bakhit Saad Mubarak
8. Ibrahim Saleh
9. Mohammed Obaid
10. Abdulhakim Khamis
11. Munther Ali
12. Adel Saad
Some world class players there,seems they've got a decent line up for the first one, will be making a visit , should be a decent couple of days
co durham boy is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:55 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
flares's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,967
flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Keith 'no madam it's not a third leg' Dublin, Gary 'Maltese International' Chivers and Clive 'Flash' Walker...worth the entrance fee to see these Brighton and Hove Albion late 80s / early 90s legends...even if they are turning out for Chelsea
flares is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:10 am
  #11  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
bollocks, google it.
Why the **** should I? Only the AC Milan team have any players worth watching. The rest look crap. Now, if Sandra Bullock was playing, I would definitely go.
lionheart is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:33 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Doha
Posts: 535
Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Why the **** should I? Only the AC Milan team have any players worth watching. The rest look crap. Now, if Sandra Bullock was playing, I would definitely go.
You're just upset because they couldn't scrape together a team of City legends!
Bonny Boy is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:59 pm
  #13  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy View Post
You're just upset because they couldn't scrape together a team of City legends!
Well they certainly failed to compile a team of Manure legends.
lionheart is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:27 pm
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
benzonar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Utopia
Posts: 1,631
benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Well they certainly failed to compile a team of Manure legends.
6. Manchester United

1. Russell Beardsmore (was ugliest player at Utd until Luke Chadwick)
2. Clayton Blackmore (1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup, 1 Premier League)
3. Peter Davenport (Was shite, poor replacement for Mark Hughes)
4. Fraser Digby (only ever a reserve but a Swindon legend)
5. Deiniol Graham (scored one goal then disappeared)
6. Lou Macari (True legend, for his football and for his chippy)
7. Giuliano Mairoana (Shite)
8. Lee Martin (1 FA Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup)
9. David May (2 FA Cup, 1 Champions League, 3 Premier League)
10. Ben Thornley (Cracking youth player, Nicky Marker screwed his career)
11. Neil Webb (1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup - injury and his gobshite wife blighted his career at Utd)


So a fair few medals there, a few more I suspect than players in light blue have had in the last 34 years.

Last edited by benzonar; Mar 10th 2010 at 4:57 pm.
benzonar is offline  
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:49 am
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Doha
Posts: 535
Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai footy 7s this weekend

BREAKING NEWS: City have got a last minute entry with a 'team' of 'legends' (of a sort):


Geert De Vlieger
Christian Negouai
Georgios Samaras
Nicky Summerbee
Steve Daley
Lee Bradbury
Michael Frontzeck
Lee Peacock
Vicente Vuoso
Simon Colismo
DeMarcus Beasley



BTW, were Utd playing last night at all?
Bonny Boy is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.