Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

In Dubai, everybody is asking the BIG question......

Wikiposts

In Dubai, everybody is asking the BIG question......

Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default In Dubai, everybody is asking the BIG question......

........ what has happened to the parking meters?

It can't be coincidence - today I found my FIFTH meter in succession (over the course of the last 2-3 days) which was 'out of order' (or at least the coins just drop straight through and come out again at the bottom).

Can't be just me... can it?

For a moment I was stupidly thinking the RTA had programmed them not to accept coins so that they can issue more penalty notices to motorists, but then I realised that would be dishonest, so that can't be the reason.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In Dubai, everybody is asking the BIG question......

Originally Posted by The Dean

It can't be coincidence - today I found my FIFTH meter in succession (over the course of the last 2-3 days) which was 'out of order' (or at least the coins just drop straight through and come out again at the bottom).

For a moment I was stupidly thinking the RTA had programmed them not to accept coins so that they can issue more penalty notices to motorists, but then I realised that would be dishonest, so that can't be the reason.
Just get yourself a Nol card.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just get yourself a Nol card.
I've got one.................. I can use it for parking?????????
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=The Dean;9274115]........ what has happened to the parking meters?

Been p'd off with coins dropping thru for some time now. Maybe the coin weight/size is inconsistent, or the machines need maintenance and perhaps they have sacked most of their staff to save money??!!!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:28 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jim Smith;9274384]

Been p'd off with coins dropping thru for some time now. Maybe the coin weight/size is inconsistent, or the machines need maintenance and perhaps they have sacked most of their staff to save money??!!!
Maybe it's the first rumblings of the revolution
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got one.................. I can use it for parking?????????
Try inserting it in the card slot and follow the instructions.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Try inserting it in the card slot and follow the instructions.
There's a card slot????????????
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:26 am