British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai Country Club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-country-club-633901/)

Blue Cat Oct 4th 2009 11:37 am

Dubai Country Club

so I have had an e mail from them to go along to a EGM about the new club? does anyone know anything about it, like where it is etc? very odd :o

moneypenny20 Oct 4th 2009 11:54 am

Re: Dubai Country Club

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7987956)
so I have had an e mail from them to go along to a EGM about the new club? does anyone know anything about it, like where it is etc? very odd :o

You've had an invite but it didn't mention where it was? :rofl: That's funny :lol:

admon Oct 4th 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7987956)

the EGM is to vote for the building of the new club to be a part of a developers infrastructure for an exisiting development.

It is being kept underwraps until it is voted for (or against) by the members.

admon Oct 4th 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7987981)
You've had an invite but it didn't mention where it was? :rofl: That's funny :lol:

spanner. I'd stick to the Oz forum if I were you.

moneypenny20 Oct 4th 2009 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7987990)
spanner. I'd stick to the Oz forum if I were you.

I'll go where I want thanks, it's called a free world.

Blue Cat Oct 4th 2009 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7987989)
the EGM is to vote for the building of the new club to be a part of a developers infrastructure for an exisiting development.

It is being kept underwraps until it is voted for (or against) by the members.

right so why are they asking us to reserve memberships now then? for a club that doesn't exist? So what you are saying is that one of the developers is going to build a facility that is going to be called the Country Club?>

are you going?

admon Oct 4th 2009 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7988012)

Just what we need, another smart arse mod.

Jeeper Oct 4th 2009 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7988012)

The middle east (which is the forum you are in) is a free world?:blink:

moneypenny20 Oct 4th 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7988038)
Just what we need, another smart arse mod.

:confused: You're a bit weird obviously. People whether general posters or Mods or even Admin can wander around the world of BE as much or as little as they like. I felt like responding to BCs post - deal with it and get a grip. How my previous post makes me a smart arse I have no idea but no doubt you'll explain it sometime.

spartans53 Oct 4th 2009 12:21 pm

Hope this helps BC

The Dubai Country Club

Extraordinary General Meeting

JESS School Auditorium

Arabian Ranches

Wednesday 28th October 2009

8pm

All current members* are invited to attend the EGM at which The Dubai Country Club development will be presented for the members endorsement.

* "Current members" are those who paid the 10 AED renewal during 2007 and were registered as such with the Club prior to closure. Please note non-current members who receive this notice are welcome to attend, however are not permitted to address or vote at the meeting.

Agenda:

Welcome & Introduction – Honorary Chairman Mr. Andy Staines

Presentation on the proposed Club development - General Manager Mr. Philip Evans

Members; Questions & Answers – Management & Committee

Resolution – We the members….

Membership reservations
(NB membership reservations can be made on the night )

For further information please contact Philip Evans 050 584 0643

[email protected] or [email protected]

Please do forward this email to ex-members you may know of, who are not receiving emails because they have moved on to a different email address and fallen off our database.
Visit Dubai Country Club online at www.DubaiCountryClub.ae
or e-Mail : [email protected]
To stop these mailings please simply hit 'reply' and ask us to stop!

Reply all
Forward
New
|
Delete
Junk
Not junk
|
Mark as ▼
Unread
Read
Phishing scamMove to ▼
Inbox
Junk
Drafts
Sent
Deleted
kept messages|
Empty

|

© 2009 Microsoft Privacy Terms of use Account Feedback

{0}
Mark as read
Mark as unread
Delete
Junk
Not junk
Print
View message source
This message is too wide to fit your screen. Show full message

admon Oct 4th 2009 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7988023)
right so why are they asking us to reserve memberships now then? for a club that doesn't exist? So what you are saying is that one of the developers is going to build a facility that is going to be called the Country Club?>

are you going?

Country club will own the land and what they put on it as part of the infrastructure for the development.

They are talking about being operational in less than a year, but that is likely to be optimistic, with only basic services on offer.

I'm not going, think I'm washing my hair that night. To be honest, I'd be surprised if more than an armful turn up.

I'd like to know who voted in giving Philip Evans his job (again). Money for doing pretty much FA for the last year.. same old really, as he did shite all the year it closed.

Blue Cat Oct 4th 2009 12:23 pm

yes I got that and all the other e mails from them that actually say NOTHING!

admon Oct 4th 2009 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7988045)
:confused: You're a bit weird obviously. People whether general posters or Mods or even Admin can wander around the world of BE as much or as little as they like. I felt like responding to BCs post - deal with it and get a grip. How my previous post makes me a smart arse I have no idea but no doubt you'll explain it sometime.

You've already explained it yourself.

Blue Cat Oct 4th 2009 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7988055)
Country club will own the land and what they put on it as part of the infrastructure for the development.

They are talking about being operational in less than a year, but that is likely to be optimistic, with only basic services on offer.

I'm not going, think I'm washing my hair that night. To be honest, I'd be surprised if more than an armful turn up.

I'd like to know who voted in giving Philip Evans his job (again). Money for doing pretty much FA for the last year.. same old really, as he did shite all the year it closed.

I was going to bring that up as well about Phil! well hacked off about that as are alot of the members I did keep in touch with. Apparently he had some personal problems and his job fell through at the Tiger Woods things so we take him back on? to manage an invisible Club? bloody ridiculous. I won't be going either.

admon Oct 4th 2009 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7988061)
I was going to bring that up as well about Phil! well hacked off about that as are alot of the members I did keep in touch with. Apparently he had some personal problems and his job fell through at the Tiger Woods things so we take him back on? to manage an invisible Club? bloody ridiculous. I won't be going either.

ironically, after hearing the tiger woods has been called off repeatedly, construction is still going on, the course is up and its still being watered. Think its just the real estate element that has been cut back