Dubai brunches...

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai brunches...

Originally Posted by Scamp
Pullman at MoE?
Yes.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You really are a very odd man. Not everyone knows about these offers and it's not available now. You wouldn't be tempted by anything until it was practically free anyway.

I am giving people an option to pay AED 190 a head for an all in brunch that usually costs AED 395. Suggesting that is expensive just makes you look very tight. It's a good offer, so please take your perpetual misery elsewhere.
For those of you unfamiliar with them, Cobone, Groupon, Hit The Deal, Makhsoom and umpteen other companies offer deals, which usually only represent the genuine value of the products being sold. I should know as I use them regularly. The problem is that, if you check the number of vouchers bought for any particular deal, you will soon realise that thousands are often taking up the offer. When you go to redeem the vouchers, you effectively have to join the queue. Quite often, where brunches, beauty treatment and other services are concerned, demand often beats supply and you may end up not only with poor service but worse. We tried one so-called half price offer recently only to find that the particular service we had paid for was fully booked for weeks. They are not always the wonderful deals they may appear to be.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mentalist
For those of you unfamiliar with them, Cobone, Groupon, Hit The Deal, Makhsoom and umpteen other companies offer deals, which usually only represent the genuine value of the products being sold. I should know as I use them regularly. The problem is that, if you check the number of vouchers bought for any particular deal, you will soon realise that thousands are often taking up the offer. When you go to redeem the vouchers, you effectively have to join the queue. Quite often, where brunches, beauty treatment and other services are concerned, demand often beats supply and you may end up not only with poor service but worse. We tried one so-called half price offer recently only to find that the particular service we had paid for was fully booked for weeks. They are not always the wonderful deals they may appear to be.
If something looks 'Too good to be True' - Then it probably is!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
You must have a terrible life if all you every do is look at the negatives in everything. I also fail to se why you have ruin this offer for me and anyone else who might have wanted something that is available for less than the retail price. Of course there are conditions, but the fact remains the brunch is on offer for far less than the price at the door.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

You must have a terrible life if all you every do is look at the negatives in everything. I also fail to se why you have ruin this offer for me and anyone else who might have wanted something that is available for less than the retail price. Of course there are conditions, but the fact remains the brunch is on offer for far less than the price at the door.
Pessimists never fail to be disappointed!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mental has a point though. I once bought some for a boat trip when guests where here. Couldn't use them when I wanted to so had to flog them on... at a further discount of course as the forward un-allocated booking policy meant that only a few dates were available by the time I was selling.

Just saying... I'm sure the brunch is a fab deal though.

When you start to get desperate and put them on dubizzle the offers you get will be shocking!
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:37 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Mental has a point though. I once bought some for a boat trip when guests where here. Couldn't use them when I wanted to so had to flog them on... at a further discount of course as the forward un-allocated booking policy meant that only a few dates were available by the time I was selling.

Just saying... I'm sure the brunch is a fab deal though.

When you start to get desperate and put them on dubizzle the offers you get will be shocking!

I don't have the tolerance to deal with Dubizzle and the morons that use it.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

A while ago I bought vouchers for brunch at Sanabal at The Pullman Hotel for four people. These are valid until the end of the month, but due to numerous commitments, I will be unable to use then so they are for sale. The normal brunch price is AED 390 per person, but the vouchers are just AED 780 for FOUR people, so that’s a mere AED 195 per person.

The offer is the ‘Bubbles Plus Brunch Package” and includes a full buffet, cooking stations, BBQ, Japanese foods, selection of wines including a sparkling blanc de blanc, spirits, range of desserts etc. (Alcohol is unlimited!)

Fridays only, from 12.30 to 4pm. Valid up to and including 28th December.

If you want to take children, those aged under six eat for free and older children are AED 95 and this can be paid at the hotel.

So if anyone will like these vouchers – it is a good deal and a good brunch – please let me know. All four to be sold together for AED 750. Vouchers to be collected from Umm Sequim, Tecom or at the next meet up.

Thanks
Been to it a few times and at voucher prices it is excellent value for money. The service has varied between ok and good, but by Dubai standards that's hardly surprising. Choice, variety and quality of food is all good especially when they have a beef wellington on the carvery counter, and the ladies always seem enthralled by the chocolate room. If I didn't have a voucher left to use myself I'd be tempted to snap them up
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:24 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've started playing a game with myself (no, not that). I try to open BE only on my iPhone, and have it zoomed so that I can see the messages but not the identity of the poster, and then try to guess who's made the post.

100% accuracy so far in respect of two members.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I've started playing a game with myself (no, not that). I try to open BE only on my iPhone, and have it zoomed so that I can see the messages but not the identity of the poster, and then try to guess who's made the post.

100% accuracy so far in respect of two members.
HAHAHAHA I thought it was only me that did that!
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:07 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Rates?