Dubai brunches...

Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai brunches...

Originally Posted by Scamp
Couldn't agree more.

Left Bank on the 17th was ****ing tragic. Can't see anything from it, nobody actually shuts up and it was just full of cocks.

Young kids don't belong at something like the golf, yes it's a nice day out but keep them up by the bean bags or something. They don't want to walk 7,000 yards in permanent quiet / silence.
the marshalls have given up trying to silence the ignorant gits at Leftbank
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the marshalls have given up trying to silence the ignorant gits at Leftbank
I gave up trying not to lose my rag in there and just left.

My Mrs is a keen golfer and was constantly bumping into her teacher colleagues who were all dressed up, clueless and loud.

I actually heard one of them say "golf is a bit boring but there's loads of hot guys down here". Facepalm central. Wanted to play one of my epic deep, powerful and solid bunker shots off her face. ****ing half-wits.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Having been to the Open several times in the UK, both as a paying punter and on corporate jollies, there really wasn’t a great deal of difference between what went on here and there. Certainly on Friday we went out a followed a few groups round in the morning and generally the spectator etiquette was pretty good.

By mid-afternoon the bar area was packed and yes I’m sure some never got further round the course than that. But, I’ve seen guys in the UK not leave the hospitality tent all day, or w@nker bankers spending all afternoon in the Bollinger tent buying each other ever bigger bottles and having a roaring good old slap-on-the-back-fest, while plenty of others are staggering around the course with a bag of cans.

I have no problems with their being kids there, however I do have a problem with lazy/bad parents who don’t look after them or recognise when enough’s enough and move/take them home etc.

As for the players, I vaguely know one of them who was playing yesterday and has done a couple of times before. From what I understand they love it - good weather, like the course, enjoy the atmosphere.

The drive in and out to the course must be a huge embarrassment to the establishment here. What a disgrace. It looks like something out of The Walking Dead! And, they're away to start building another 'mega-project'...

As for the rugby, I’ll go, but I have next to no interest in watching very much of it - it’s a fun social day out in the sun with friends, is that such a bad thing? I won’t be sick on anyone’s shoes, or get into a fight. A few people will make tw@ts of themselves, and if you go looking out for someone to annoy you (which I think a lot of people seem to do, or have done and so think the event is the devils work) then you’ll find them, but hey life’s too short. Make it what you want it to be, rather than letting others actions dictate that for you.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

I despair of the calibre of a large percentage of the ex-pats here these days (especially Brits).
When I arrived 20 years ago, almost all of the expats were intellectually and/or socially qualified to be here.
Of course everybody also drank a lot then, even longer at the Lodge until at least 6am on many occasions.
There were no bouncers, I didn't see a proper fight here for the first 10 years and I didn't see a stream of overdressed girls falling face down in their own Jagermeisters at any given event.
Dubai now appears full of people who are almost unemployable anywhere else.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 10:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Red Sheep the golfers are hardly going to admit to any of us they don't enjoy the event, behind closed doors I bet they are counting the minutes down to get out of here
Old Nov 25th 2012, 10:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
I despair of the calibre of a large percentage of the ex-pats here these days (especially Brits).
When I arrived 20 years ago, almost all of the expats were intellectually and/or socially qualified to be here.
Of course everybody also drank a lot then, even longer at the Lodge until at least 6am on many occasions.
There were no bouncers, I didn't see a proper fight here for the first 10 years and I didn't see a stream of overdressed girls falling face down in their own Jagermeisters at any given event.
Dubai now appears full of people who are almost unemployable anywhere else.
Things change.

We used to leave the front door unlocked at home and mates would come and go.

Now Mum has double locks and an alarm that goes off if you go downstairs in the middle of the night.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Things change.

We used to leave the front door unlocked at home and mates would come and go.

Now Mum has double locks and an alarm that goes off if you go downstairs in the middle of the night.
Bring back the cane I say! :
Old Nov 25th 2012, 11:48 am
Account Closed

McIlhelmet won it.

Wanted Donald to but alas.

Justin Rose - what a final round, followed him a bit yesterday and gutted for him.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 11:51 am
Concierge

McIlhelmet won it.

Wanted Donald to but alas.

Justin Rose - what a final round, followed him a bit yesterday and gutted for him.
Justin just tweeted Rory though and said, I nearly had you
Old Nov 25th 2012, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Justin just tweeted Rory though and said, I nearly had you
Rose must have set a course record (62)... Ten under on the final day was a mega charge for the line.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Rose must have set a course record (62)... Ten under on the final day was a mega charge for the line.
that putt of Rose!!
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by saudiflares
that putt of Rose!!
on the 18th? When is paused on the top of the slope before rolling to an inch away?

Mind blowing.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Red Sheep the golfers are hardly going to admit to any of us they don't enjoy the event, behind closed doors I bet they are counting the minutes down to get out of here
Aren't a couple of them based here?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Where can I sit the test to see if I'm suitable? If you pass do you qualify to be a snob?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Aren't a couple of them based here?
I'm with red sheep on this blue cat. Golfers aren't a particularly cultured bunch and hence the bright lights of Dubai does attract them.

It's base for a fair few European tour pros. Stenson, Havret, Edfors. Decent winter sun and very good practice facilities help. Like Florida is for the US golfers.

Plus tax free if they stay long enough and closer to asian venues on the tour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.