British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai Brunch Advice Please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-brunch-advice-please-731801/)

shandolier Sep 10th 2011 7:17 am

Dubai Brunch Advice Please

I just need asome advice on the right brunch place please. Criteria are:

Group of about 8 to 12 of us, some 20something singles and 30something marrieds - up for a bit of a lively atmosphere but not Yalumba or Warehouse (been recently).

Cost no more than 425 per head

Don't want to go to anywhere too 'stuffy' and feel a bit like we can't let ouor hair down and also don't want to go to a family orientated brunch for the same reason.

So far discounted Traiteur, Al Qasr and Saffron because they don't fit with the above or I've read bad reviews online...

Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

Autonomy Sep 10th 2011 8:58 am

Re: Dubai Brunch Advice Please

Traiteur is the best in Dubai... but maybe stuffy.

Al Qasr and Saffron are good but Al Qasr is best when it is cool enough to sit outside. Saffron is inside - have been twice and really enjoyed it - it is an option you shouldn't dismiss.

Nineteen brunch was very good but not been for 18 months or so.

Andiamos at Grand Hyatt is almost more like a lunch as it's very laid back and not mental but good to chat etc. Very good value at 280dhs...

Patsy Stoned Sep 10th 2011 9:28 am

The Bubblicious brunch might suit you.
Have a look in timeout, they list all the brunches.

kittycat1 Sep 10th 2011 9:41 am

I was at the bubbliscious one yesterday but its 490 aed if you're drinking 350 if no alcohol. Several families but not an unbearable amount and noone complained about our behavior which did get a bit rowdy. It was a really great day anyway. Weird entertainment every now and again. But you can also head straight to one of the bars afterwards which are open so no need to stop! My group was mostly 30 somethings, mostly married couples but a few singles.

Also the Downtown Address is good I think thats about 450, the chocolate room is amazing and I could have stayed in there forever.

mentalist Sep 10th 2011 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9611822)
I was at the bubbliscious one yesterday but its 490 aed if you're drinking 350 if no alcohol.

No idea where that is, but 350aed without booze is absolutely ridiculous. There is a 59aed Friday brunch at one of the nice Italian restaurants in Souk Al Bahar. Why would anyone pay more than 150aed for lunch? I hardly have an appetite before 5pm and would be paying for very little.

kittycat1 Sep 10th 2011 12:18 pm

well thats the price if you're not drinking...If a friends arranged a birthday do there you don't have much choice do you - pay that or don't go.

Bahtatboy Sep 11th 2011 11:15 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9611997)
No idea where that is, but 350aed without booze is absolutely ridiculous. There is a 59aed Friday brunch at one of the nice Italian restaurants in Souk Al Bahar. Why would anyone pay more than 150aed for lunch? I hardly have an appetite before 5pm and would be paying for very little.

Then get up early and do some damned exercise!