Dubai Airport Parking

Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Airport Parking

Has anyone used car park B at Dubai Airport Terminal 1 recently?

My family and I will be flying out of Dubai at the beginning of April for a week and for ease plan to park the car at the airport. I can't find a huge amount about airport parking, but what I have found seems to say that car park B is cheaper (between AED 100 and 140 per day) but is slightly further away than car park A.

My questions are:

Is it easy to find car park B?
Are the daily charges roughly as detailed above?
Are there usually spaces available?
Is it likely to be busy at around midnight on a Thursday night?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Dubai Airport Parking

Originally Posted by Millsyisland View Post

My family and I will be flying out of Dubai at the beginning of April for a week and for ease plan to park the car at the airport. I can't find a huge amount about airport parking, but what I have found seems to say that car park B is cheaper (between AED 100 and 140 per day) but is slightly further away than car park A.

My questions are:

Car Park B is across the road from Car Park A - and is signposted on the road to Terminal 1 (same exit as Departures and Car Park A). There is a walkway to the terminal - might take 5 minutes longer to get to the terminal than Car Park A.

Charges are 5 AED per hour - so 120 AED per day

You'll always find a space in Car Park B - although roads/terminal may be busy at midnight on a Thursday but still spaces available.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If the car park is AED 120 per day, why on earth would anyone park there when cabs are cheap? It would even cost less to hire a town car for the dop off and pick up.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your info Mogs.

Meow - taxi both ways from Abu Dhabi would mount up, not be as much as the parking for a week but would be close to AED 500-600 I would expect.

In any case, I wouldn't take my 2 kids in a car without their child seats and we're not taking them on the plane with us (the seats) so that's another reason for taking the car all the way to the airport.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your info Mogs.

Meow - taxi both ways from Abu Dhabi would mount up, not be as much as the parking for a week but would be close to AED 500-600 I would expect.

In any case, I wouldn't take my 2 kids in a car without their child seats and we're not taking them on the plane with us (the seats) so that's another reason for taking the car all the way to the airport.
Ah, didn't realise you were in AD. Could you not leave the car at a friends in Dubai and still save money though?

Just a thought
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Ah, didn't realise you were in AD. Could you not leave the car at a friends in Dubai and still save money though?

Just a thought
Sadly have no friends (in Dubai), but thanks for the suggestion anyway!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:04 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly have no friends (in Dubai), but thanks for the suggestion anyway!
I can rent you a space on my drive - 400AED for the week. 80 AED in a taxi to the 'port.

I'll even have the maid clean it for your return. .
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse View Post
I can rent you a space on my drive - 400AED for the week. 80 AED in a taxi to the 'port.

I'll even have the maid clean it for your return. .
Thanks for the offer - I'll let you know......
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

hapchi is an unknown quantity at this point

My questions are:

Today I received sms for a closed car parking near airport only 20 AED/day with free transportation. check it 2226606
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:53 pm