British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai - Abu Dhabi approx drive time? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-abu-dhabi-approx-drive-time-666643/)

Autonomy May 3rd 2010 2:21 pm

Dubai - Abu Dhabi approx drive time?

Have to be in Abu Dhabi (Ittihad area) for 11am - not done the drive during rush hour times before - what time to leave Oud Metha area to be there with time to spare?

9am? 8.30am?

Thanks in advance....

busybee2 May 3rd 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi approx drive time?

give yourself 2 hours i would suspect. its 45 mins from jebel ali to abu dhabi airport (kca) then at least another 30 mins into cbd with the traffic.

NorthernLad May 3rd 2010 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8539110)
Have to be in Abu Dhabi (Ittihad area) for 11am - not done the drive during rush hour times before - what time to leave Oud Metha area to be there with time to spare?

9am? 8.30am?

Thanks in advance....

Not sure where Ittihad is - if it's anywhere near the corniche cut off 30 minutes. The new road is bloody marvelous.

busybee2 May 3rd 2010 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8539203)
Not sure where Ittihad is - if it's anywhere near the corniche cut off 30 minutes. The new road is bloody marvelous.

have you seen the speed cameras?

NorthernLad May 3rd 2010 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8539408)
have you seen the speed cameras?

Yep, but still far quicker.

Autonomy May 3rd 2010 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8539418)
Yep, but still far quicker.

thanks guys...

Ittihad area...

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&...,0.038581&z=15

busybee2 May 3rd 2010 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8539563)

well you dont want to be going down the new road would be a big detour. i would estimate, from jebel ali 45 mins to airport, airport to mussafah bridge 15 mins, mussafah bridge to bsak is 10 mins, bsak to ittihad 5 mins total 75 mins (ish) dont know how long it would take you from Oud Metha to Jebel Ali in rush hour so leave that one to you.

The Dean May 4th 2010 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8539110)

9am? 8.30am?

Thanks in advance....

It will take exactly 2h 13m...............

admon May 4th 2010 4:07 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8540666)

and 24.83 seconds.

Autonomy May 4th 2010 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8540666)

glad I didn't take your advice.... just for the record to show - it took 1h 35m - but thanks anyway.

busybee2 May 4th 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8541614)
glad I didn't take your advice.... just for the record to show - it took 1h 35m - but thanks anyway.

so was i close then?

Autonomy May 4th 2010 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8541977)
so was i close then?

with minimal traffic (as it was today) then I'd say 75 mins from JA to AD Ittihad area was just about spot on...

Gold Star to the BB2....

Thanks! :thumbsup:

busybee2 May 4th 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8542173)
with minimal traffic (as it was today) then I'd say 75 mins from JA to AD Ittihad area was just about spot on...

Gold Star to the BB2....

Thanks! :thumbsup:

was factoring in a bit of roadworks around 15th st.... but went past today not too bad.

Norm_uk May 5th 2010 8:55 am

I do the Abu Dhabi - Dubai run once a week at least.

Always give yourself at least two hours...allow for accidents holding you up and nightmare parking once you reach your destination.

N.

busybee2 May 6th 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8543631)
I do the Abu Dhabi - Dubai run once a week at least.

Always give yourself at least two hours...allow for accidents holding you up and nightmare parking once you reach your destination.

N.

the roads into ad in the morning are a nitemare now, there is always a crash and then everyone actually stops to see, "like we dont see it all the time", so then there is another crash. yesterday morn as i go in pretty early 2 separate car accidents at mussafah bridge, just happened, an hour later coming back out and hear on radio that there is still probs, go past mosque a new crash has happened, so that makes 3 within a few feet of each other, but the first and second crashes had been cleared but the traffic jam was backing up for miles......... these were just small accidents but caused such a backlog......