British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dubai 7s Tickets (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dubai-7s-tickets-571677/)

The Dean Nov 7th 2008 6:03 am

Dubai 7s Tickets

My Johnny-Come-Lately mates back home have finally woken up to the fact that the Sevens is a great party to be at......... and guess what? They want 'yours truly' to score them some tickets............

What's the word on the street? Officially sold out I assume but what's the real deal?

And I heard the MMI outlets will only sell them to people with a valid alcohol licence - true?? :confused::blink:

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2008 6:41 am

Re: Dubai 7s Tickets

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6948794)
My Johnny-Come-Lately mates back home have finally woken up to the fact that the Sevens is a great party to be at......... and guess what? They want 'yours truly' to score them some tickets............

What's the word on the street? Officially sold out I assume but what's the real deal?

And I heard the MMI outlets will only sell them to people with a valid alcohol licence - true?? :confused::blink:

not true, and it is sold out ;)

The Dean Nov 7th 2008 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6948855)
not true, and it is sold out ;)

Just checked the 7s website and it also states there that you DO need a licence to buy at MMI.

No idea why......... anyway if it's sold out it's immaterial.........

Now for my touting/pimping skills to kick into action................

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2008 8:01 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6948906)
Just checked the 7s website and it also states there that you DO need a licence to buy at MMI.

No idea why......... anyway if it's sold out it's immaterial.........

Now for my touting/pimping skills to kick into action................

speak to Mr Lees :thumbup:

The Dean Nov 7th 2008 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6948976)
speak to Mr Lees :thumbup:

Jim? Is he still alive??

A few people seem to have thought that, as there are 40,000+ tickets per day now instead of 32,000, there would be no hurry for tickets......... ooops.

And all those who are going - don't do the normal thing (ie gradually drifting in some time on Friday morning), as you'll miss the first match which this year is a potential cracker - New Zealand v Wales, 09.30am, 3 weeks from today...........

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2008 8:10 am

yes he is still alive :eek: try souk.com?

Roadking Nov 7th 2008 11:42 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6948794)

Might have 2 season tickets. Just need an answer from my brov in the UK if he is coming or not. I doubt it, but give me 2 days to check. :thumbup: