Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Du Summer TV Sports....or not....

Du Summer TV Sports....or not....

Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Haggis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Du Summer TV Sports....or not....

OK just about had enough of what used to be a very enjoyable summer of TV sofa sport while family away. First du go and show Wimbledon tennis on AD Sports, which is not in the package, then they hide the Test cricket on some OSN Cricket channel that noboday has heard about. But the biscuit has been taken after they switched Tour de France coverage after one week from English channel - with top Brit commentators - to the Arabic channel for the second week finale!!!
UKTV box here I come........
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:06 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Du Summer TV Sports....or not....

Originally Posted by Haggis
OK just about had enough of what used to be a very enjoyable summer of TV sofa sport while family away. First du go and show Wimbledon tennis on AD Sports, which is not in the package, then they hide the Test cricket on some OSN Cricket channel that noboday has heard about. But the biscuit has been taken after they switched Tour de France coverage after one week from English channel - with top Brit commentators - to the Arabic channel for the second week finale!!!
To be honest pal I am considering the same thing. Dhs300 per month to OSN so I can watch Rugby, cricket and golf, and still no Ashes. It stinks.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haggis
Got myself the UKTV box just after I moved here. Moved the ELife box to the maids room and added some Pinoy channels for her...

Could probably do with the next bandwidth up, but otherwise everyone is happy.. I get my sports, kid get his cartoons and wife watches whatever she watches whilst the maid is doing the housework..!!!

Wouldnt THINK of relying on either dU or Etisalat again...
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

UKTV can be a bit unreliable but apart from that it's definitely the way to go.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 8:34 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I have a spare MAG250 if anyone is interested.

You'd still need to sign up with one of the providers of course (ntv.mx seems to be highest rated at the moment).
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I have a spare MAG250 if anyone is interested.

You'd still need to sign up with one of the providers of course (ntv.mx seems to be highest rated at the moment).
looks like ntv is only live tv. I mainly use catchup on uktv
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 9:52 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
looks like ntv is only live tv. I mainly use catchup on uktv
No idea mate. I got the box together with a years subscription to UKTV or something similar (live TV plus catchup plus lots of movies on demand), but in addition to all the UK free-to-air stuff I had Sky Sports, Movies..

MAG250 is a generic set-top box which can be configured to be used with most of streaming services. Anyway it is just gathering dust in my house so if anyone wants to buy it make me an offer on PM. New ones are going for about 50 quid on Amazon UK.