British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   DU are shite (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/du-shite-656920/)

benzonar Feb 27th 2010 7:35 am

DU are shite

EOM

NorthernLad Feb 27th 2010 9:53 am

Re: DU are shite

Seconded.

Jim Smith Feb 27th 2010 10:09 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8379239)
Seconded.

Supposed to have more than a million subscribers. Think I have received two calls from an 055 number???????

spart Feb 27th 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8379239)
Seconded.

Motion carried.

Useless to try and do corporate level business with too.

Blue Cat Feb 27th 2010 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8379259)
Supposed to have more than a million subscribers. Think I have received two calls from an 055 number???????

I can get my husband to ring you to make it 3 ....

MacScot Feb 27th 2010 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8379064)
EOM

Well some people obviously think Etisalat is too...given its knickname Etishite ! :lol:

Madam Medusa Feb 27th 2010 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 8379259)

that's interesting, i was just thinking the other day when having to do a text round to my daughter's class that there wasn't one 055 number...and no one in any of my social or work circle has one either...

MM, xx

seven seas Feb 27th 2010 3:02 pm

DU exists - and thrives because it caters to a market segment with distinct characteristics that it can provide services to and survive on.

There are people whose phone use and cashflow patterns make a Wasel connection a bad idea.

Not surprisingly, we have very little contact with that kind of person.

Jim Smith Feb 27th 2010 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8379372)
I can get my husband to ring you to make it 3 ....

Don't bother! 2 is enough!!!!!!!!!!

Arcadia Feb 27th 2010 5:33 pm

I'm with DU and when I need to hand over my mobile number for whatever reason they start to write the 050 of Etisilat, then I have to tell them..no, it's 055 I'm with DU.

They look at me as if I'm from another planet..

Confucius Mar 1st 2010 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by spart (Post 8379287)
Motion carried.

Useless to try and do corporate level business with too.

We did...For 2 years...Now divorced with a bad taste in our mouth...

Confucius Mar 1st 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8379448)
that's interesting, i was just thinking the other day when having to do a text round to my daughter's class that there wasn't one 055 number...and no one in any of my social or work circle has one either...

MM, xx

They are mostly landline and internet subscribers in TECOM and new Dubai (Greens/Hills/Ranches/Palm/Freehold) areas...

NorthernLad Mar 1st 2010 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 8384264)
They are mostly landline and internet subscribers in TECOM and new Dubai (Greens/Hills/Ranches/Palm/Freehold) areas...

We have Du internet and it's always pretty good when they get it activated (another story). Seems to have less censorship than Etisalat.
I'm seeing a lot more Du numbers for customers/colleagues who are new(ish) to Dubai, but was told mobile coverage is not so good as Etisalat.

Confucius Mar 1st 2010 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8384273)
We have Du internet and it's always pretty good when they get it activated (another story). Seems to have less censorship than Etisalat.
I'm seeing a lot more Du numbers for customers/colleagues who are new(ish) to Dubai, but was told mobile coverage is not so good as Etisalat.

Actually they are getting ahead in their game...But business/corporatewise, both them and Etisalat are shit to deal with...

benzonar Mar 3rd 2010 3:01 pm

OMFSM

Could they possibly get any worse.

Story so far. I ordered the full monty package, Showtime Platinum Plus HD, JSC Sports, 8mb internet and phone. Recordable PVR etc.

Installed on Saturday - no PVR, no Showtime, no JSC Sports.

Called Du and sent a shitty email straight off. They can't do anything as I have just had it installed so will have to wait 48 hours until the order clears. Then someone calls me on Sunday evening asking how my install went so I told them. They added the TV packages (luckily they worked 5 minutes before Carling Cup Final was due to start). No they couldn't order the PVR yet as the order for the TV packages hadn't cleared the system. Could I call back in 24 hours.

Called back, orders still hadn't cleared the system. Call back in 24 hours.

Called back yesterday because I kept losing my internet service and my PS3 kept showing DNS errors. They were useless and blamed everything but themselves, I asked if I could order the PVR - not yet, please call back in 24 hours.

Ten minutes after I got off the phone my screen froze on the TV. So I rebooted the decoder - had a message on the screen yelling me if was starting up............15 minutes later the message is still on the screen. Reboot again. Same message so left it on and went to bed.

This morning there was a message saying it had failed to intialize so please call customer service. I rebooted and went to work.

Just now I called them, explained the issue to some gimp on the phone - he said the only recommendation they have in their guide is to reboot. No shit sherlock. So he raises a complaint and says I should hear from someone in 48-72 hours to resolve the problem. On the off chance I asked about the PVR - "Sorry Sir, but you have a complaint in the system so we can't order anything for you at the moment"

Bunch of shite encrusted necrotising rat w@nk.