British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   DU (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/du-613365/)

Blue Cat Jun 7th 2009 5:36 am

DU
 
We still don't have internet at the new place :thumbdown:

Went to DU and was told:

Get no objection letter from Company
Get no objection letter from husband to allow me to sort connection out
Get copy of husbands passport
Get copy of my own passport (bit tricky in immigration)
Use driving license and ID - can't in Maiden name.

Driving me round the bend :thumbdown:

TGFKASE Jun 7th 2009 5:43 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7641290)
We still don't have internet at the new place :thumbdown:

Went to DU and was told:

Get no objection letter from Company
Get no objection letter from husband to allow me to sort connection out
Get copy of husbands passport
Get copy of my own passport (bit tricky in immigration)
Use driving license and ID - can't in Maiden name.

Driving me round the bend :thumbdown:

All I needed was an email to them with passport, visa copies and copy of tenancy agreement....

Blue Cat Jun 7th 2009 5:47 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7641297)
All I needed was an email to them with passport, visa copies and copy of tenancy agreement....

e mailed them? they never gave me that option, I have got to go back again tomorrow when I get no objection letter. Bloody ridiculous. Telly is working already though which is odd :unsure:

FunnyFeline Jun 7th 2009 7:39 am

Re: DU
 
Nightmare!! :frown: Hope you get it sorted soon BC. :)

TGFKASE Jun 7th 2009 8:07 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7641299)
e mailed them? they never gave me that option, I have got to go back again tomorrow when I get no objection letter. Bloody ridiculous. Telly is working already though which is odd :unsure:

[email protected]...

Mind you, I was transferring service, not setting up fresh....

deemi786 Jun 7th 2009 8:38 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7641299)
e mailed them? they never gave me that option, I have got to go back again tomorrow when I get no objection letter. Bloody ridiculous. Telly is working already though which is odd :unsure:

want me to have a word with them...? Good luck anyway BC

Blue Cat Jun 9th 2009 7:26 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7641453)
[email protected]...

Mind you, I was transferring service, not setting up fresh....


Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7641504)
want me to have a word with them...? Good luck anyway BC

still not sorted :( bloody company making an issue about objection letter, at this rate I will never get internet again! :(

commander Jun 9th 2009 7:27 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7647200)
still not sorted :( bloody company making an issue about objection letter, at this rate I will never get internet again! :(

and then your life is over....or maybe just beginning...:D

Blue Cat Jun 9th 2009 7:29 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7647202)
and then your life is over....or maybe just beginning...:D

beginning mate!! I have missed a few folks on line though :wub:

commander Jun 9th 2009 7:34 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7647204)
beginning mate!! I have missed a few folks on line though :wub:

dump them.....cyberspace sucks, there is a whole world of real people out there....

Blue Cat Jun 9th 2009 7:41 am

Re: DU
 

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7647213)
dump them.....cyberspace sucks, there is a whole world of real people out there....

some of them in a real world are well scary though :rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:52 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.