British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dry January.......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dry-january-823821/)

britexpat76 Feb 2nd 2014 8:28 am

Dry January..........

So I managed to go the whole month with no Alcohol, something I have not done since I was probably 13 years old.........

Things I noticed:-

I have proven that I am not an Alcoholic which is a good thing, I am addicted to having a drink I enjoy at night so Ginger & Elderflower with soda water is my new addiction.

Its not alcohol that makes me a *larger* chap

I am tired in the morning regardless of having a bottle of wine

I have more fun on a night out whilst inebriated

I don't need a drink to help me sleep

I will not drink as much again as I have not missed the hangovers

If the kind folks that promised to sponsor me or anyone else that wants to donate to Cancer Research could please PM me and I will send the link to my justgiving page.

Thank You

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 2nd 2014 8:41 am

Re: Dry January..........

Well done mate.

I think I'm about a month done now too. Much easier that I thought it would be and beer CLEARLY makes me fat(ter).

Congrats :thumbsup:

Irishbeekeeper Feb 2nd 2014 8:43 am

I think the tiredness in the morning could be a lack of REM sleep
maybe you need to burn some more calories during the day

I always have a good nights sleep the day Ive been to the gym, regardless of numbers of hours slept, even 4-5 hours sleep and I wake up good to go

Ofcourse I drown it with pints and pints if everything fails :D

kudos to you btw mate!

britexpat76 Feb 2nd 2014 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11108801)
Well done mate.

I think I'm about a month done now too. Much easier that I thought it would be and beer CLEARLY makes me fat(ter).

Congrats :thumbsup:

Well done to you :thumbsup: I have not changed size at all, Though the cordial I drink is probably more fattening than alcohol! I agree, it was easier than I thought - I had visions of me becoming a sweaty insomniac.

britexpat76 Feb 2nd 2014 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11108804)
I think the tiredness in the morning could be a lack of REM sleep
maybe you need to burn some more calories during the day

I always have a good nights sleep the day Ive been to the gym, regardless of numbers of hours slept, even 4-5 hours sleep and I wake up good to go

Ofcourse I drown it with pints and pints if everything fails :D

kudos to you btw mate!

Thank you. You may be right about the exercise, I find if I have been out on the boat or in the desert on a friday I am knackered.

Meow Feb 2nd 2014 8:56 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11108790)
So I managed to go the whole month with no Alcohol, something I have not done since I was probably 13 years old.........

I have proven that I am not an Alcoholic which is a good thing, I am addicted to having a drink I enjoy at night so Ginger & Elderflower with soda water is my new addiction.

If the kind folks that promised to sponsor me or anyone else that wants to donate to Cancer Research could please PM me and I will send the link to my justgiving page.

Thank You

Well done. I said I'd sponsor you if you made it and so I will do so. Can you PM or email me the link?
x

britexpat76 Feb 2nd 2014 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11108821)
Well done. I said I'd sponsor you if you made it and so I will do so. Can you PM or email me the link?
x

Many Thanks Meow. Link sent :)

The_Citizen Feb 2nd 2014 10:03 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11108790)

Thank You

Congratulations!

When I don't drink at the weekends it is good to wake up on a Friday and Saturday morning without a hangover. I am pretty useless with a hangover!