Drugs in Dubai?

Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Sparkly will become famous soon enough
Default Drugs in Dubai?

Is there a problem?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:45 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Sparkly
Is there a problem?
What do you mean, getting hold of them?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

No I mean is drug taking a problem Dubai? I don't want to get them I just want to know if I should be on the lookout as I have a teenager.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:53 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

No I mean is drug taking a problem Dubai? I don't want to get them I just want to know if I should be on the lookout as I have a teenager.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood

No, I don't think so, as the penalties for possession in the UAE are quite severe. However, I'll leave it to one of the long-term residents of Dubai to give you a more comprehensive answer.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

I realise that the penalties are high however, I have heard talk of something called Doha, used regularly so I am told!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that the penalties are high however, I have heard talk of something called Doha, used regularly so I am told!!
yep, they are available but you need to look hard for them so it's not like the uk, and you would be mad to use them here...completely zero tolerance...

MM, xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mind me asking in what ways you are "on the lookout" in the UK? (I assume that's where you are or recently were?)

What do you do NOW to prevent your teenager coming into contact with drugs?

Last edited by The Dean; Feb 8th 2008 at 5:26 pm. Reason: missed bit
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

For signs........is that not what all parents do???????
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

For signs........is that not what all parents do???????
And why would you do anything different, or anything less, in Dubai? That was the point of my question.

If you were told, for example, 'drugs are non-existent here in Dubai', would you stop looking for the 'signs'?

No, neither would I.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Och just asked the question as a general observation. Different countries, different laws, different drugs n all that.

As you were........
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Och just asked the question as a general observation. Different countries, different laws, different drugs n all that.

As you were........
Yea OK......... I have an 18-year-old daughter and a 13-year-old son so I go through all the same thought processes..........

Good luck.

By the way - I'm a bit naive about all of this (I've never even had a puff of a cigarette) - what ARE the signs?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I got an e mail the other day with a government e mail address, saying that there is crystal meth in the English College, I was mortified! there was pics of what to look out for etc in gulf news today they are claiming it was a scam, let's hope so!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I got an e mail the other day with a government e mail address, saying that there is crystal meth in the English College, I was mortified! there was pics of what to look out for etc in gulf news today they are claiming it was a scam, let's hope so!!!!
Yeah, can believe it. Crystal meth is fairly easy to make using non-prescription cold remedies, for some reason it's particularly popular in Oz. It would be nieve to think that some expat kids wouldn't bring over the knowledge and brew up some meths in the bathroom....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a problem?
Not sure re Dubai but AD yes def and trust me the teenages know exactly where to get it.

It seems the new trend now is inhaling substances ie glue .

There is also a prob in AD with under age drinking, the British Embassy in AD facilitate regular nites at the British School to warn parents and children of the consequences if the kids are caught

There have been cases also here of alcohol poisining, having to have stomachs pumped etc

Teenagers will be teenagers whereve they are!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

I got the same e mail and it was very worrying. I am sure there is drugs in Dubai and we should all be watching out but really the main concern at the moment is underage drinking!!!!!! It is a nightmare. ALL my DD friends go to bars and clubs and have done for some time now. My DD is NOT allowed to go to these places so this wknd she has been in the house or out with us as her mates are out drinking. Something needs to be done. I have been on my soapbox about this for some time now but I get the impression that I am in the minority. The school have told the pupils that if any teachers see pupils in clubs or bars they will report them to the poilce. Enough to keep our DD out but not her pals. Very scary stuff. They are all 15/16 by the way. DD is seen as a goodie 2 shoes as she is not allowed in these places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.