Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Driving training to be standardised...

Driving training to be standardised...

Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving training to be standardised...

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Just ask the cabbies that take you if they know of anyone who want to do a regular pick up and drop off? They often know of someone if you ask?
aye I used to have a guy, he was ace, used to put the AC on just how I liked it, the radio onto the channel I wanted, a safe driver.....then one day I had a hangover and slept in and he never came back,

I rang him and he said 'no sir, you weren't here this morning, I not come back ever again'

Yikes!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye I used to have a guy, he was ace, used to put the AC on just how I liked it, the radio onto the channel I wanted, a safe driver.....then one day I had a hangover and slept in and he never came back,

I rang him and he said 'no sir, you weren't here this morning, I not come back ever again'

Yikes!
ring him again and offer him 100 by way of apology
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
ring him again and offer him 100 by way of apology
nah, he was sure, he had his pride...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

nah, he was sure, he had his pride...
bless him, his loss financially though
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

bless him, his loss financially though
that's the daft thing, I tipped him and it was an easy AEd50 every morning.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:21 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Re driving standards, when we were out and about in Khobar we passed the driving school.

My visitor exclaimed "F00k me! they teach them to drive like that?"
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:29 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah never did it back home, daft really, especially at my age eh?
Not really daft - I came over the same way and had to take my test here.

They put three other people in the car with you and you drive around sometimes for less than 5mins...then you're passed or failed with no explaination whatsoever. I passed second time. First time the instructor failed everyone in the car and seemed pissed off like he was supposed to be somewhere else at 11am in the morning than at work.

Marvelous place - am glad I took lessons in the UK before I came here - because they don't teach you anything useful in the driving schools.

N.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:06 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10295869.html

Just spotted this little nugget...

Did you know that the practical driving test can last as little as 5 mins??? WTF?????
Isn't crap a standard?