Dream holidays

Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dream holidays

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
They were people who had explicitly asked to see my travel photos. I wasn't sending to all and sundry.
Fair enough. That's cool.

What's the long term goal for your photos? I used to have the top ones from each trip printed and framed but after 100+ framed photos that's come to an end.

I keep meaning to make photo albums of each trip, upload the top 50-60 photos from each trip and include captions and send them to be published. But it's one of those things that never get around to being done.
I generally album them and store them. Problem is I changed to Mac in the middle of this and it's ****ing atrocious to try and organise them and manage them. I'd rather it was done on windows to a hard drive and cloud.

Nevermind, never really look back at them other than once a year to make a calendar for my Granny's Birthday. Helpfully it's on Boxing Day so when making it I get to review and relive another lucky year of enjoying life.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:35 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

What's the long term goal for your photos? I used to have the top ones from each trip printed and framed but after 100+ framed photos that's come to an end.

I keep meaning to make photo albums of each trip, upload the top 50-60 photos from each trip and include captions and send them to be published. But it's one of those things that never get around to being done.
I have printed a few of my favourites but space at home in the UK is at a premium and I'm not allowed to put any more up. Might get a few printed here of the ones I haven't printed yet. Have done a personal photo book of my favourite/best shots.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 1:05 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I have printed a few of my favourites but space at home in the UK is at a premium and I'm not allowed to put any more up. Might get a few printed here of the ones I haven't printed yet. Have done a personal photo book of my favourite/best shots.
Made a 100-page photobook (bought from Groupon for about £12) for a friend/colleague who left. Very pleased with the results.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Not really wanting a holiday as such, but to get something like this and just wander for years would be my ideal.

Iveco Astra HD8 8x6 Expedition Truck | Expedition Truck Brokers

Problems are 1) it's £420,000 and 2) To get a Carnet de Passages doc that ensures you can drive into all the countries, but you have to pay a deposit equal (at least) to the trucks value - just so you won't sell it in country. That kinda makes it expensive on cash-flow.

Initial route across Aus for 6 months or so, learn the ropes in an English Speaking Country that has off road galore, then 18 months+ in South America, ferry across the Dorian Gap, back in the truck from Panama and then North America. Finally Himalaya and far east.

Never wanted to go to Africa.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:29 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Never wanted to go to Africa.
Racist...
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

No one wants to see the pictures you took of a temple. There will always be better examples online taken by professionals with the right equipment, on the right day with the right lighting. I generally only take pictures of people, which I print out or put into books. The print-outs go in frames around the house and get changed regularly to keep it fresh.

I'd like to do a large RV across the US. Not exactly impossible to do but it requires a 4-6 week commitment that I cannot give. Haven't been to South America and wouldn't mind going there for a bit - might take my son there during his gap year as part of the tour we are planning (which was initially Asia and Vegas)... but he's expressed interest in Colombian women.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

By train from London to Beijing, with a ticket that allows me to stop off anywhere that looks interesting, and explore for an hour, a day, a week... Would travel light, with my camera and my iPad loaded with all the books-to-read on my Bucket List.

Then fly Beijing to Osaka, a week there then back home.

It's on my Bucket List, but one that I acknowledge may not happen.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

kostik3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
By train from London to Beijing, with a ticket that allows me to stop off anywhere that looks interesting, and explore for an hour, a day, a week... Would travel light, with my camera and my iPad loaded with all the books-to-read on my Bucket List.

Why Osaka?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:17 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

We’ve put some of our better photos onto our Mac Mini which is commected to our TV in the kitchen/family room -turns it into a digital photoframe. This allows us to have a ‘screensaver slideshow’ so we’re able to enjoy some of the best moments of holidays and times spent with family and friends whenever the TV is turned on.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:20 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by kostik3000
Why Osaka?
'Tis where the out-laws live. There are better places to visit in Japan, although after a month or so in China (and maybe Russia) pretty-much anywhere in Japan would be fine for the cuisine, the drinking establishments, and the order.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:22 am
Excess Baggage

I saw a video on YouTube of a family doing London to Hong Kong by train. Looked interesting. Not sure how long it took...I'm guessing a week or more. And Japan...having worked with Japanese companies a few times, it's at the top of my want-to-see list, especially when the cherry blossom is out.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:22 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by hnd
We’ve put some of our better photos onto our Mac Mini which is commected to our TV in the kitchen/family room -turns it into a digital photoframe. This allows us to have a ‘screensaver slideshow’ so we’re able to enjoy some of the best moments of holidays and times spent with family and friends whenever the TV is turned on.
That's a good idea. We've just had a TV installed in the kitchen, I wonder if I could just put a memory stick into it and set the TV up to do a random slideshow...
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:25 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I saw a video on YouTube of a family doing London to Hong Kong by train. Looked interesting. Not sure how long it took...I'm guessing a week or more. And Japan...having worked with Japanese companies a few times, it's at the top of my want-to-see list, especially when the cherry blossom is out.
I think there's a whole thread on Scamp's visit last year.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea. We've just had a TV installed in the kitchen, I wonder if I could just put a memory stick into it and set the TV up to do a random slideshow...
I used to do the same and its really nice. Just be careful that no cock shots accidentally uploaded to the cloud appear at 3pm.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 8:13 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I used to do the same and its really nice. Just be careful that no cock shots accidentally uploaded to the cloud appear at 3pm.
Just what I was going to say. Make sure you select which folders you want the slideshow to choose from carefully!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.