Drat

Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drat

Just found out that my housing allowance won't allow me to live in Dubai, will only cover AD. Won't get as much for my money, Drat, Drat and double Drat.

Last edited by Sarahb79; Jul 15th 2009 at 10:11 pm. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drat

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
Just found out that my housing allowance won't allow me to live in Dubai, will only cover AD. Won't get as much for my money, Drat, Drat and double Drat.
Ouch, that's a bugger

But why? They give you a certain amount, you should be able to do with it what you want right? You can't talk to someone?
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

This is a new one, I shall explain.

Housing allowance is and should be paid directly to you, not the landlord, or agent. Therefore, you should be able to reside where you desire.

Speak to the agent who has found this job for you and confirm this, as once your out here its nigh on impossible to get anything changed.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zico2009
This is a new one, I shall explain.

Housing allowance is and should be paid directly to you, not the landlord, or agent. Therefore, you should be able to reside where you desire.

Speak to the agent who has found this job for you and confirm this, as once your out here its nigh on impossible to get anything changed.
This isn't always the case - my accommodation is arranged by my employer directly with the landlord, I do not have the option to have it paid directly to me.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 5:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
This isn't always the case - my accommodation is arranged by my employer directly with the landlord, I do not have the option to have it paid directly to me.
I agree, it's not a rule that it should be paid to you...
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I agree, it's not a rule that it should be paid to you...
it's up to the employer really, Sarah I would seriously re think this you won't get anything in AD for your budget
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's up to the employer really, Sarah I would seriously re think this you won't get anything in AD for your budget
Can you please advise once candidates have completed the 3 month probationary period, they are allowed to rent accommodation in Dubai as well as Abu Dhabi.

=== Options 1: a candidate is free to stay outside hospital accommodation even on the first day of joining. Housing allowance for single status 2,000DHS, married 3,000 DHS.+water/electric ,transpo as well. After 3 months probation if recommended for permanent candidates can avail housing allowance as per contract. He/she can look for a flat and the hospital will pay direct for 1 yr.. If candidate not have the interest to avail the housing still the monthly allowance will add on to the salary ,electric,water,transpo.

As per HAAD they will pay only housing inside Abu Dhabi as we are under HAAD.

Is what the hospital have said. Basically you get the 100,00 if you live in AD but want anywhere else you only get 2,000 per month. Doesn't take a genius to work out which option is better.

Last edited by Sarahb79; Jul 16th 2009 at 9:02 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Can you please advise once candidates have completed the 3 month probationary period, they are allowed to rent accommodation in Dubai as well as Abu Dhabi.

=== Options 1: a candidate is free to stay outside hospital accommodation even on the first day of joining. Housing allowance for single status 2,000DHS, married 3,000 DHS.+water/electric ,transpo as well. After 3 months probation if recommended for permanent candidates can avail housing allowance as per contract. He/she can look for a flat and the hospital will pay direct for 1 yr.. If candidate not have the interest to avail the housing still the monthly allowance will add on to the salary ,electric,water,transpo.

As per HAAD they will pay only housing inside Abu Dhabi as we are under HAAD.

Is what the hospital have said. Basically you get the 100,00 if you live in AD but want anywhere else you only get 2,000 per month. Doesn't take a genius to work out which option is better.
Maybe its the alcohol talking but I don't get it?

So either the hospital will find you an apartment for 100k, but you have no choice in where it is going to be, or you get 24k and you can choose your own?

Edit; I think I get it, sort of. Surely you could find something in AD for 100k?

Last edited by Euc-; Jul 16th 2009 at 9:14 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

I read it as either you can find a flat on AD and they'll pay up to 100,000 for it, or apparently HR will help you to find somewhere. However if you want to live outside AD, as I thought I might do, Then yo only get 24,000.

So has anyone got any idea on where to live in AD. The hospital is on the outskirts just off SZR. All hep gratefully recieved.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I read it as either you can find a flat on AD and they'll pay up to 100,000 for it, or apparently HR will help you to find somewhere. However if you want to live outside AD, as I thought I might do, Then yo only get 24,000.

So has anyone got any idea on where to live in AD. The hospital is on the outskirts just off SZR. All hep gratefully recieved.
do a search on dubizzle.com, I can't see you getting much for a 100k though
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

If that's there attitiude it doesn't sound like they are going to be a good employer to work for. Vote with your feet - no money, no honey.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:50 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
If that's there attitiude it doesn't sound like they are going to be a good employer to work for. Vote with your feet - no money, no honey.
they are Government, they are keeping their money in their own Emirate.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

samanthak is an unknown quantity at this point

Too true Blue Cat, I realise thats why they are doing it. Some stuff is coming up on dubizzle, my budget is 120k, maybe when hubby sorts a job might make up shortfall that way, just another thought!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
they are Government, they are keeping their money in their own Emirate.
thats exactly whats happening.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where the hospital is but it sounds like the Dubai side of Abu Dhabi - you might get something in Khalifa City or Mohamed Bin Zayed City for your budget but in my opinion Dhs100,000 is still low even for these areas. There is talk that rents are dropping in AD but the only real evidence I've seen of that are the villas in Al Raha Gardens and that seems due to over supply and lack of facilities. Good luck with the search

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.