Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dramatic 9/11 emergency call

Dramatic 9/11 emergency call

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dramatic 9/11 emergency call

I only just came across this............... it's chilling, be warned.

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dramatic 9/11 emergency call

That is so sad. To think his last words were frustrated and angry to an operator he didn't know. I heard some of the calls from people to loved ones which were haunting.

There was a documentary a few years ago, I think it was called 9/11 falling man about the cover up of imagery of people jumping from the towers, I think I cried the whole way through, I can't even begin to imagine the conditions they were in to do that- its heartbreaking.

A tragic day.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BEwY8uZ4BAI
I can't even listen to it, did you see the movie they made about 9/11?
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

got half way thru that call and turned it off, how awful to be pleading with a stranger for your life!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:45 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

My Mother-in-law fell off an abra into the creek in Dubai. I'm betting it was a tad warmer.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
My Mother-in-law fell off an abra into the creek in Dubai. I'm betting it was a tad warmer.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 2:25 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
That is so sad. To think his last words were frustrated and angry to an operator he didn't know. I heard some of the calls from people to loved ones which were haunting.

There was a documentary a few years ago, I think it was called 9/11 falling man about the cover up of imagery of people jumping from the towers, I think I cried the whole way through, I can't even begin to imagine the conditions they were in to do that- its heartbreaking.

A tragic day.
I couldn't actually look at that huge photo of the people falling... it's one of the most terrible, most horrid and most haunting images I have ever seen. You know, blood and guts shock, but that one had so much desperation and was psychologically disturbing. Horrid.

And here we all are in high-rises!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BEwY8uZ4BAI
I can't look at that. I'd become a serious hater if I did.
I was in Saudi when that happened. Some people were celebrating...saw it with my own eyes.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 2:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
I couldn't actually look at that huge photo of the people falling... it's one of the most terrible, most horrid and most haunting images I have ever seen. You know, blood and guts shock, but that one had so much desperation and was psychologically disturbing. Horrid.

And here we all are in high-rises!
I refuse to work or live in a high rise in this Country, it is an accident waiting to happen
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Alexa
I can't look at that. I'd become a serious hater if I did.
I was in Saudi when that happened. Some people were celebrating...saw it with my own eyes.
they aren't people they are scum
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 4:02 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Wrong thread! Sorry!

I'm sure I put that on the thread about the old woman being dropped in the Arctic.