Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dot Express couriers- Dubai. Customer service?

Dot Express couriers- Dubai. Customer service?

Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Flyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Dot Express couriers- Dubai. Customer service?

Just for anyone who might think of using this company for couriering packets in the UAE - DON'T!

I've actually been quite lucky with customer service here, but I crashed to earth with a bang this week! To explain, I've been waiting for a packet which I know went to them on Monday. Tuesday - nothing. Wednesday - 1 missed call. I phoned back when I finished work. and was told that the courier would phone me the next day. Thursday - nothing. Called in the afternoon, and was told someone would get back to me within 10 minutes - huh! In my dreams!

Today I had a call from the company that sent the packet; it's been returned to them, telling them that I didn't answer any of the calls from DE, and then my phone was switched off (FYI my phone is NEVER switched off; I have a family!). So I phoned - for the 3rd time! to Dot Express. Put on hold and then cut off; tried again and got a male who told me that I didn't answer my calls, I hadn't phoned them twice, only once "and it was Thursday!". It was totally all my fault, since they can't spend all their time trying to make contact with their customers, and then he totally denied that I had spoken to them on the Wednesday. "Well, Madam, if you don't get the name of the person you speak to, what do you expect me to do about it?" (And yes, that was my bad. I should have known better.)

What's great about this is the mission statement on their web site:

"Our mission is to understand customer needs and to exceed customer expectations with world class personalised service."

I was spitting blood when I read this! OK, rant over, I feel better now. BUT they don't deserve to get any business with this attitude.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dot Express couriers- Dubai. Customer service?

oh dear, poor you...it's just about typical of (non) customer service here though, i have to say...

MM, xx
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Flyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the roughFlyingdragon is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dot Express couriers- Dubai. Customer service?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
oh dear, poor you...it's just about typical of (non) customer service here though, i have to say...

MM, xx
Thanks, MM; I appreciate the sympathy. The laugh is that I am on medication to keep my BP down, and am generally quite happy with how it's going. It was up in the stratosphere this morning! I swear that if it had been a face-to-face 'discussion', that t***** would have been lying in a heap of cinders on the floor. :curse: