Door locks

Old Aug 28th 2017, 5:23 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Door locks

Hello Be'ers,

Anyone know where to buy replacement locks in Dubai?I'm looking for something quite specific as I want to fit a smart lock to the front door, but its incompatible with the current setup. The smart lock attaches on the inside as a replacement for the thumb lock.

Problem is that the barrel on my existing lock has a keyhole on both sides so there is no way to expose just a bar that comes from the barrel into the smart lock. Apparently the MOST compatible locks are below but many other similar designs will work. Hoping someone from the building spec world would know where to find these.

Arrow Hardware
D Series

Baldwin
Reserve TRD
Reserve CRD
Reserve CSD
Reserve RAD
Reserve RSD
Reserve TAD
Reserve TSD
Prestige 380
Prestige 385
Estate 8031
Estate 8041
Estate 8213
Estate 8231
Estate 8237
Estate 8241
Estate 8244
Estate 8252
Estate 8254
Estate 8285

Callan
Grade 3 Single Cylinder
Grade 3 One Sided half boreGrade 2 Single Cylinder

Defiant
DL 61 (2014 and before. 2015 and newer Defiant deadbolts are not compatible)

Delaney
Solid Brass Grade 2
Traditional Collection Grade 2
Italian Collection Single Cylinder
Contemporary Collection Single Cylinder
Sandast Collection Curved
SandCast Collection Square

Emtek
Modern Style
Neos Style
Square Style
#8 Style
Low Profile Style
Quincy Style
Regular Style
Saratoga Style
Knoxville Style
Rope Style
Arts and Crafts Style
#1 Style
#3 Style
#4 Style
#2 Style
Tuscany #11 Style
Tuscany #14 Style
Tuscanly Classic Style
Tuscany Octagon Style
Tuscany Style
Tuscany Srt Nouveau Style

EZ Set
Single Cylinder
Interchangeable Core
Grade 2
Commercial Grade 1 Single Cylinder
Commercial Grade 2 Single Cylinder
Commercial Interchangeable Core

Faultless
DL 61 F

Gatehouse
Single cylinder deadbolts made before 2014

Global Door Controls
GLS660
GLC560UL
DR160

Grandeur
Nostalgic All - Custom

Hager
August Branded Deadbolt

Kwikset
Signature Series 780
Signature Series 980
Signature Series 993
Signature Series Austin
Signature Series 909
Signature Series 598
Signature Series 158
Signature Series 816
Signature Series 909 SmartCode
Kwikset Series 660
Kwikset Series 907 Powerbolt
Kwikset Series 816
Max Grade
100 series
200 series

Omnia Industries
Auxiliary D9000
Auxiliary D9000S
Auxiliary D9002
Prodigy Auxiliary ARCHDB
Prodigy Auxiliary RECTDB
Prodigy Auxiliary TRADDB

Schlage
B60N
B330
B500 Series
B600 Series
B700 Series
B800 Series

Stanley

Toledo Fine Locks
CV1800
CV2800
CV2800

Weslock
Molten Bronze Premiere
Molten Bronze Square
Elegance Oval
Elegance Premiere
Traditional 667
Traditional 671
Essentials 371
UL 60 Minutes Rated 871
Commercial 7200
Old Aug 28th 2017, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Door locks

Apparently these guy`s are pretty good, and you can chat online with them, saves a visit;

Contact Us – technolockkeys
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:05 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Apparently these guy`s are pretty good, and you can chat online with them, saves a visit;

Contact Us – technolockkeys
Hmm, not quite unfortunately. They are automotive lock distributors and I don't think that will fit too well on the door of my apartment. Thanks for answering though.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My mate's apartment had a credit card like in a hotel - just hold up against it.

This place seems to do those: Locks

Is that what you're after? Or something for smart phone compatibility?

Or more like this one?Samsung one...
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:53 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Scamp
My mate's apartment had a credit card like in a hotel - just hold up against it.

This place seems to do those: Locks

Is that what you're after? Or something for smart phone compatibility?

Or more like this one?Samsung one...
Yeah, its a smartphone one that also connects to my Apple HomeKit which controls lights, AC and hopefully soon the door lock. Only certain types work with HomeKit which is why I need to be quite precise. The August lock will even work out when we have both left the house and automatically lock it until we get back in the evening. (Important at our age when we are beginning to be forgetful LOL).

An added advantage is that our appt does not have a latch, just the deadbolt, so with the August Smart Lock, if you're carrying shopping etc, just approaching the door will unlock it and you just push the door open See i'm great with the tech but I fall over when it gets to the mechanical bits.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

So you have all the stuff, but need to change the actual locking mechanism?

Can you order one of the spec names you've listed online or need to check which will work / fit the door etc?
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Yeah, its a smartphone one that also connects to my Apple HomeKit which controls lights, AC and hopefully soon the door lock. Only certain types work with HomeKit which is why I need to be quite precise. The August lock will even work out when we have both left the house and automatically lock it until we get back in the evening. (Important at our age when we are beginning to be forgetful LOL).

An added advantage is that our appt does not have a latch, just the deadbolt, so with the August Smart Lock, if you're carrying shopping etc, just approaching the door will unlock it and you just push the door open See i'm great with the tech but I fall over when it gets to the mechanical bits.
Out of interest, what happens in the event of a powercut/ wifi failure/ water ingress/ hacking? Am thinking the dubai fire risk, mostly.

Nothing wrong with a key under the mat
Old Aug 28th 2017, 7:00 am
Wannabe Cycling God

So you have all the stuff, but need to change the actual locking mechanism?

Can you order one of the spec names you've listed online or need to check which will work / fit the door etc?
Correct, the Smart lock and camera system is on the way, I just need a different locking mechanism. If I can't find it locally, I'll just buy from overseas.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 7:03 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Out of interest, what happens in the event of a powercut/ wifi failure/ water ingress/ hacking? Am thinking the dubai fire risk, mostly.

Nothing wrong with a key under the mat
The lock has battery back up, the external key is still in place if total failure. One of the reasons I want to change from having a key either side is exactly due to fire risk etc and the lock I have chosen is a bit like a thumb latch inside in that you can alway open it from the inside.

A key under the mat returns me to the problem of carrying heavy shopping etc :-)

One added advantage of the smart locks, is that if one of my family comes over and we're not there, we can send them a temporary (time limited) access to their smartphones so they could get in for an emergency if we were away etc.

Cool stuff and I just HAVE to have it
Old Aug 28th 2017, 7:03 am
Account Closed

Can you find out which works best with the kit from that list and then go to Satwa / Dragonmart / ACE and buy / ask for those ones?

There must be a firm out here that does this shit. If there isn't, let's set one up.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 7:10 am
Wannabe Cycling God

There must be a firm out here that does this shit. If there isn't, let's set one up.[/QUOTE]

I have the tech knowledge and you know all the builders........... We could get Millhouse to set up funding for us.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 9:46 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
There must be a firm out here that does this shit. If there isn't, let's set one up

I have the tech knowledge and you know all the builders........... We could get Millhouse to set up funding for us.
Plenty of these exist in the commercial world, probably not as common within the domestic world. A manufacturer like assa abloy would be a good start
Old Sep 5th 2017, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Saw loads of these and locks and sets and all sorts by the till in Sharaf DG Dubai Mall last night.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 2:54 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Saw loads of these and locks and sets and all sorts by the till in Sharaf DG Dubai Mall last night.
Yeah, thanks Scamp, been there done that! It’s all 1st gen crap to be honest. Smart home is on about generation 4.0 now.

On the bright side, I have all of the lights, AC, security (excluding lock) working so its going pretty well so far.

I’m still working on the front door project and think I may have it cracked by ordering a special Lock Cylinder from Holland last night.

What I have discovered in this project is the amazingly small selection of locks available in this region. There is probably less than 5% of the world choice available here. With all of the construction, I’m stunned there is so little choice.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 10:49 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by ZeldaCella
You can use August Locks if they are available in Dubai.
Afraid not . Most locks in Dubai are eurocylinder style and August only support insecure US thumb turn 90degree locks.

I have an August in my store cupboard to prove it lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.